Are motherboard schematics available for upgrade options? - cb515-hxx Chromebook

gcmartin
gcmartin Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Chromebooks
i have a cb515-hxx Chromebook that I want to upgrade its internal storage (RAM+disk).

Where can I find the motherboard layouts?

Help

​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.

Best Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    gcmartin said:
    i have a cb515-hxx Chromebook that I want to upgrade its internal storage (RAM+disk).

Help
    Chromebook comes with eMMC storage and eMMC disks cannot have bigger storage capacity like the HDD or SSD. But chromebook offers you to store content on the cloud, but that might not be enough for many/few people (depends on how they use the CB). I recommend you to use a external Harddisk, Thumb drive, SD cards, etc, store files & content and access them. 
    Chromebook is just like an android phone but a laptop. Faster, lighter & a little cheaper.
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I'm guessing you have a CB515-1H or CB515-1HT model. There are actually  a bunch of different ones for each of those lines, but that answer will be the same for each. The onboard memory is soldered in with no expansion slots and the storage is an eMMC drive, also soldered in. There's no expansion available for either of those then. You can bump your storage up with an SD card, but typically you can only use that for data, not for apps.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited February 2021
    gcmartin
    Normally on a chrombook you cant expand the memory to grater volume. check the details below.  you can try to use sd card as an option. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    gcmartin said:

Help
    Chromebook comes with eMMC storage and eMMC disks cannot have bigger storage capacity like the HDD or SSD. But chromebook offers you to store content on the cloud, but that might not be enough for many/few people (depends on how they use the CB). I recommend you to use a external Harddisk, Thumb drive, SD cards, etc, store files & content and access them. 
    Chromebook is just like an android phone but a laptop. Faster, lighter & a little cheaper.
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I'm guessing you have a CB515-1H or CB515-1HT model. There are actually  a bunch of different ones for each of those lines, but that answer will be the same for each. The onboard memory is soldered in with no expansion slots and the storage is an eMMC drive, also soldered in. There's no expansion available for either of those then. You can bump your storage up with an SD card, but typically you can only use that for data, not for apps.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.