Acer LCD T232HL and USB C Hub HDMI works fine for video.

miketorb
miketorb Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2023 in Monitors
Will the Acer LCD T232HL work with a USB C Hub for Touch Screen?  The specs provide for USB 3.0 which is what the hub provides.  HDMI works fine for video.
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    miketorb said:
    Will the Acer LCD T232HL work with a USB C Hub for Touch Screen?  The specs provide for USB 3.0 which is what the hub provides.  HDMI works fine for video.
    Thats the spec for usb 3.0. document defines the design and performance requirements for a 23 inch-wide flat panel monitor which with a USB 3.0 HUB and support touch function.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • miketorb
    miketorb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes, USB 3.0 suggests it should the touch screen should work.  However, I stopped short on my original message by not saying that while the HDMI provides a nice video signal the USB cable when plugged into the USB 3.0 port on the C Hub, Windows returns a device driver message saying USB device not recognized.  I updated the driver but it was dated 2015 and didn't change the results.  This feels like an out-of-date driver (pre-USB 3.0) but the spec suggests it should work.  Am I not finding a newer driver.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    miketorb said:
    Yes, USB 3.0 suggests it should the touch screen should work.  However, I stopped short on my original message by not saying that while the HDMI provides a nice video signal the USB cable when plugged into the USB 3.0 port on the C Hub, Windows returns a device driver message saying USB device not recognized.  I updated the driver but it was dated 2015 and didn't change the results.  This feels like an out-of-date driver (pre-USB 3.0) but the spec suggests it should work.  Am I not finding a newer driver.
    try reinstalling the drivers. uninstall the driver and restart the unit. it will be installed. check the link with snid and find. 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer
    Sometimes the cheaper hubs don't act invisible to the USB initialization. They report their own name instead of the name of what's connected. That might be what's happening here. I assume the monitor's touch works fine when directly connected?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Yanghuan123
    Yanghuan123 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Acer LCD T232HL is a touch screen monitor that supports USB 3.0 connectivity. If the USB-C hub you are considering provides USB 3.0 ports, it should be compatible with the touch screen functionality of the monitor. USB 3.0 ports should be able to transmit the necessary data for touch input.

However, it's important to note that touch screen functionality may also depend on the specific software and drivers installed on your computer. Make sure your operating system supports touch input and that you have the appropriate drivers installed.

Regarding the recommendation for a USB-C hub, one option you can consider is the Mokin USB C Hub. Mokin offers a variety of USB-C hubs that provide USB 3.0 ports along with other connectivity options such as HDMI. Their hubs are known for their reliability and compatibility with various devices. It's always recommended to read user reviews and check compatibility with your specific devices before making a purchase decision.