Laptop Battery Discharging during power down

MarkG
MarkG Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi Guys,

I recently got my Chromebook serviced by ACER as it wasn't charging. When I got it back it was at least charging, but the battery now completely discharges overnight if it is powered down. Interestingly it's perfectly fine if it goes to sleep, but a shutdown kills the battery. I.e. from 100% to 0% overnight. I've done a battery discharge test and it appears normal - i.e. ~0.3% per 5 mins with everything on. Battery health is stated as 110% (after 104 cycles) and if i leave it to go to sleep by itself the charge level hardly changes. But when powered down it's completely dying. 

Any comments? - I'm guessing this may be a mother board or PCDU issue and it needs to go back to ACER but I'd appreciate if anyone knows otherwise. I.e. what checks to do etc (I'm normally a windows user and this is my sons computer so I don't overly know my way around).

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    MarkG
    since its recently services there should be certain days for the testing or additional warranty like 60days or 90 days. so better check with the support. also try the TS.
    >>> turn on the unit, press the refresh key and power button, until the unit goes off. this will fix most of the issues. 
    What to Do When Your Chromebook Wont Boot

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    Yeah, your shutdown isn't actually shutting it down. The Refresh = Power should make sure it's fully off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.