What causes flickering charging light and beeping sound? - aspire E5-573G-39X9.

somebodys
somebodys Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello,

I have Acer aspire E5-573G-39X9.
I am facing the problem while charging the computer, charging indicator light flickers, the battery is not charging well and it became really not reliable. Also sometimes when I connect the charger computer starts beeping. To solve this problem I tried to change the charging cable. It did not fix the problem. After that, I also changed the charging jack inside the laptop. still facing the same proglem. I thought the problem was in the jack connection because by rotating the charging cord sometimes I was able to get the connection laptop to charge, and tried not to move anymore. But as I say, I changed both cable and jack and still I have the same problem. What can cause this issue?
The last thing I thought was that problem is in the battery. I tried to launch the computer without battery only with cable, did not work, without battery id does not even start, I checked the battery connection but it is connecter really well. I also tried to hard reset the battery by a little pinhole. Still did not help. 
The battery is old, nearly 5-6 years old. I am thinking about changing it. But because I already changed so many things I am not sure that it will help and I don't want to waste any more money. Please tell me what could cause this issue?
P.S If I find a good spot and try to charge my laptop. It holds the charge for 30 min or so, maybe a little more or less. SO it does not shut down as soon as I disconnect the charger.
Thank you In advance.

​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,186 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try these procedures:
    a) Check the battery for wear with the hwinfo64 program;
    Luz laranja e azul piscando ao conectar o carregador do Notebook Aspire  ES1-572 como resolver  Acer Community
    If the battery is severely worn, it is best to change it!
    b) Try resetting the battery:
    c) Try adding a few layers of electrical tape to press this button:
    Meu Notebook Acer E5-573G-58B7 no liga mais  Acer Community
    Placa me e5-573g-58b7  Acer Community
    d) Update the bios version:

e) Uninstall the AC adapter and battery drivers through the device manager;
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it is 42.3%. You can try to calibrate the battery. But I think it will be necessary to change the battery.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Try these procedures:
    Luz laranja e azul piscando ao conectar o carregador do Notebook Aspire  ES1-572 como resolver  Acer Community

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• somebodys

Tinkerer

Try these procedures:

I tried to follow these steps, Updated Bios and hard reset the battery did not help.
    In the Program, you provided I have these results(attached). Also, I noticed that on the battery it is written 14.8v but this shows 17.2v. Also, Voltage sometimes changes, Drops down. Depending on these results do you think it's a battery problem and should I replace it?

• somebodys

Tinkerer

Is wear level too high?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it is 42.3%. You can try to calibrate the battery. But I think it will be necessary to change the battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer