Acer CB714-1W freeze

Options
LionelSmith
LionelSmith Member Posts: 3 New User
We bought 25 of these devices, at some or other point more often than not the device freezes during operation. In the beginning, we were able to Powerwash the device and it would work for a while, but recently it has become a continued issue. Especially with online classes, it causes our staff great stress. Is there a firmware upgrade or something else we can try to stop this?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,749 Pathfinder
    Options
    @LionelSmith
    Try doing a hard reset and check on it
    1. Turn off your Chromebook.
    2. Press and hold Refresh  + Power  for 30 seconds 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • LionelSmith
    Options
    Thank you we have actually tried that and it still froze afterwards. Out of a batch of 24 we have about 12 doing the same thing.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    What apps are installed? You may be putting something on each of them that is ... less than robust. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LionelSmith
    Options
    I will investigate that.
  • sudhashen
    sudhashen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having the same issue - 2 hard freeze in the course of 2 days.  Chromebook has latest updates and running play store apps.  Customer is evaluating at the moment and this does not bode well! Is there anything that can be done?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    How well does it work with just Chrome apps instead of the Android apps from the Play Store?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.