Acer Revo Center RC-111 Drivers need

kellmoo
kellmoo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I lost my Acer Recovery DVD and currently trying to install Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 from a Microsoft OEM DVD.

The MS OEM DVD seems to be missing several drivers for:
1- Ethernet Adapter
2- USB Controller

Note: Replacement Acer Recovery Disks are no longer available, I'm told :-(

If somebody would be able to provide me with a web-link from Acer for the drivers, it will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Kelly

Answers

• NextDoorTech
    NextDoorTech Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi,

My googling seems to have led to the same conclusion as you: recovery media is no longer available, and there are no drivers on the Acer product support page.

Given that, I think your next best shot is to try to identify the LAN adapter model number so we can find the driver directly from the manufacturer.

Do you already have access to the VGA port hidden behind the rear I/O panel? Getting a keyboard and monitor directly hooked up to the machine is the place to start.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    As far as I can tell, the Ethernet chip is an RTL8111E, you might be able to find drivers from Realtek. The USB 3.0 port is on an Etron EJ168 chip, the USB 2.0 ports are part of the ICH9R chipset from Intel.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.