My A515-43-R19L screen will not turn on. Help pls

Helppls78
Helppls78 Member Posts: 4 New User
After installing 2x Crucial 8gb DDR4 2666Mhz SODIMM (PC4-21300) SR and a SATA 2.5" Samsung 870 EVO 500gb the screen does not turn on. After reinstalling the original 4gb 1rx16 pc4-3200aa-soc-11 and taking out the SATA 2.5" the screen turns on. Did I do something wrong?
IT newbie here, thanks for any assistance.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your mainboard works best when the two modules are sold as a matched pair kit, preferrably dual-channel capable (either single- or dual-ranked is OK) As far as I can tell, crucial part no, CT8G48F88266 is usually sold as an individual module, not as a matched pair kit. Did you get this 'kit' from crucial directly? If yes, I'd contact them and request that the two 8GB modules be exchanged for one of the matched pair kits recommended for your particular machine at this crucial link.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    First, one thing at a time. Put the SSD back in with the old RAM. If OK, then test each new RAM one module at a time in each socket. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Helppls78
    Thanks for the response. All ram sticks show separately with the SSD on BIOS. Only with dual-channeling, the black screen issue occurs. Maybe I purchased the incorrect RAM spec. maybe? Hopefully, my explanation is clear.
  • JackE
    >>>All ram sticks show separately with the SSD on BIOS. >>>

If you see a BIOS menu screen with both sockets filled, then the screen must be on. If the screen turns off after the BIOS loads then there might be a Windows problem with the modules. What is the crucial part number? Is it OK when only one 8GB module is installed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Helppls78
    Part #CT8G48F88266
    Works fine with one 8g stick installed.

• JackE
    Does each 8GB work OK alone in either slot?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Helppls78
    Each 8g plus the original 4g only works in slot 1. I get the black screen if i use slot 2.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Your mainboard works best when the two modules are sold as a matched pair kit, preferrably dual-channel capable (either single- or dual-ranked is OK) As far as I can tell, crucial part no, CT8G48F88266 is usually sold as an individual module, not as a matched pair kit. Did you get this 'kit' from crucial directly? If yes, I'd contact them and request that the two 8GB modules be exchanged for one of the matched pair kits recommended for your particular machine at this crucial link.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.