So I need to upgrade my RAM? travelmate tmp249-g3-m-50ta

Options
Greeneyecherry
Greeneyecherry Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
Recently I have upgraded my travelmate tmp249-g3-m-50ta to Windows10. Post upgrade issues: (i)Powering up from the acer logo up to windows logon screen is extremely slow(even aftr flashing my bios with fw update) (ii)Post windows login: RAM 70% Disk 100% even before running any appl. Qstn: Does upgrading my current 4GB RAM/memory to 8GB or higher helps.?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, 4GB memory is a bit on the lower side, upgrading the memory to 8 GB will help improve the performance but installing a M.2 SATA SSD will improve your system immensely in my opinion.
    For your high Disk activity, go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab, press F9 button and F10 to Save&Exit.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,946 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Recently I have upgraded my travelmate tmp249-g3-m-50ta to Windows10. Post upgrade issues: (i)Powering up from the acer logo up to windows logon screen is extremely slow(even aftr flashing my bios with fw update) (ii)Post windows login: RAM 70% Disk 100% even before running any appl. Qstn: Does upgrading my current 4GB RAM/memory to 8GB or higher helps.?

To find your TravelMate's P249-G3-M-50TA max memory the best thing to do is to do it through cmd prompt and run as administrator and put this command in: systeminfo | findstr /C:"Total Physical Memory" that will give you "Total system memory capacity".

As a suggestion and as far as the max memory for your Travelmate P249-G3-M-50TA is concerned and what its noted (which is not always correct) the max memory guide for your TravelMate is 32GB at DDR4 memory into its 2x slots (2 banks of 1) and your hard drive interface is a 2.5" SATA 3 at 6GB/s.

If you want 8GB total memory and to add 1x 4GB extra stick into the other slot of your laptop then, you will have to check the specs of your existing 4GB DDR4 ram with CPUZ and look in its section SPD and match your existing ram exactly as putting faster ram will be a waste of money as 2x sticks of unmatched ram always run at the slowest speed and timing that the pair is combined with. Btw, I would get a kit of 2x 8GB DDR4-2666MHz as that is the best compromise with Win-10 and future versions, just my opinion as it depends on your budget, good luckand hope this helps.  

cmd prompt max memory capacity example