Possible solution for no display? aspire TC-885-EB17)

Meaorvvv
Meaorvvv Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited February 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I was updating my Acer desktop last night (Acer aspire TC-885-EB17) the desktop was supposed to restart and then update but it never displayed anything after the update. I tried unplugging the graphics card and use the integrated graphics but it didn’t worked,I tried cleaning up my RAM sticks then place them in their slots again but it didn’t worked,  I also used another monitor but it didn’t worked either... now my question is, what could be possibly causing this? Is there any way to fix it? Is this a motherboard issue? Please, I’d be very thankful if anyone’s able to help me or give me a solution for this. 

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited February 2021
    Meaorvvv

try to remove all cables from your desktop. press and hold the power for 30 sec and then connect all cables back. turn on the monitor and connect the monitor and then turn on the computer. hopefully it should work. As soon as you turn on press delete key until you see a bios page. press f9 and hit enter and press f10 and hit enter. wait for the restart. 

How to enter BIOS on Windows 10  Windows 7 - Driver Easy
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Meaorvvv
    christy1 said:
    Meaorvvv

try to remove all cables from your desktop. press and hold the power for 30 sec and then connect all cables back. turn on the monitor and connect the monitor and then turn on the computer. hopefully it should work. As soon as you turn on press delete key until you see a bios page. press f9 and hit enter and press f10 and hit enter. wait for the restart. 

How to enter BIOS on Windows 10  Windows 7 - Driver Easy
    So I have to completely unplug the computer right? Does the power supply cable counts? Because that’s what I did. Then hold the power button for 30 secs and plug everything in again, connect the monitor and press DEL key and wait for the BIOS page to pop out... I tried all that but it didn’t worked. 
  • Meaorvvv
    @Christy1
      So I have to completely unplug the computer right? Does the power supply cable counts? Because that’s what I did. Then hold the power button for 30 secs and plug everything in again, connect the monitor and press DEL key and wait for the BIOS page to pop out... I tried all that but it didn’t worked. 
  • christy1
    Meaorvvv said:
    @Christy1
    yes what you did was correct. are you able to see the bios page? was it showing the display on that page. ?
  • Meaorvvv
    christy1 said:
    yes what you did was correct. are you able to see the bios page? was it showing the display on that page. ?
    No it doesn’t display anything, as I said, the monitor does not detect the pc, I’ve tried using different monitors and TVS but none of them detected my pc. 
  • christy1
    Meaorvvv said:
    christy1 said:
    No it doesn’t display anything, as I said, the monitor does not detect the pc, I’ve tried using different monitors and TVS but none of them detected my pc. 
    remove the cables on the monitor. including the power cable. press and hold power button on the monitor for 30sec. tried connecting the cables and then restart the computer. 
  • Meaorvvv
    christy1 said:
    Meaorvvv said:
    christy1 said:
    remove the cables on the monitor. including the power cable. press and hold power button on the monitor for 30sec. tried connecting the cables and then restart the computer. 
    Nope, that didn’t worked either.
  • christy1
    Meaorvvv
    is showing as no display? looks like the port issue or the mb issue. 
  • Meaorvvv
    christy1 said:
    Meaorvvv
    Yes, it the monitor only says “no signal”. As I said, the computer never displayed anything again after a windows 10 update restart and I’ve used different monitors and none worked so I’m pretty sure it is an issue with the PC itself’
  • christy1
    edited February 2021
    Meaorvvv said:
    christy1 said:
    Meaorvvv
    Yes, it the monitor only says “no signal”. As I said, the computer never displayed anything again after a windows 10 update restart and I’ve used different monitors and none worked so I’m pretty sure it is an issue with the PC itself’
    Try Alt f10 or altgr f10 as soon as you turn on the computer and go to recovery option. try a reset if possible. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Double and triple check to make sure the monitor is still plugged into the correct port on the computer. In this image ports labeled #1 are correct if you don't have a GPU card, and the two ports shown on the addon card (below the audio ports) are correct if you have a GPU card. Can you show yours?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Meaorvvv
    edited February 2021
    These are my computer ports... I’ve been using the HDMI port in the GPU but I’ve also tried pulling out the gpu and use the two intel graphics HDMI ports but it didn’t worked at all.
  • christy1
    Meaorvvv said:
    These are my computer ports... I’ve been using the HDMI port in the GPU but I’ve also tried pulling out the gpu and use the two intel graphics HDMI ports but it didn’t worked at all.
    Any chance to check with vga cable?
  • Meaorvvv
    @billsey
    Yeah I’ve thought about using a VGA or DVI cable, thing is, I don’t have any but I’ll try to buy one during the week and then see if it works or not 
  • christy1
    Meaorvvv said:
    @billsey
    Yeah I’ve thought about using a VGA or DVI cable, thing is, I don’t have any but I’ll try to buy one during the week and then see if it works or not 
    Sure pls check and get back. Hope it was helpful 
  • billsey
    Yep, with the GPU installed none of the onboard ports should work. With the GPU pulled all three of the motherboard ports should work. Let's look at the sequence your system goes through to try and pin it down more... When you first press the power button a signal is sent to the PSU to turn it on. That then provides power to the MB, which fires up the memory and CPU. If the CPU doesn't initialize the system typically just shuts down. If the CPU initializes it's first task to to initialize the memory. If the memory fails the CPU turns on a long, long (maybe never ending) beep. If the memory comes up fine then the CPU starts into the POST. One of the first things POST does is initialize the GPU, either onboard or offboard. That's when the display should come up and show the splash screen. If the POST finds issues with the GPU it'll beep a sequence of beeps. You are failing somewhere during that process if you aren't getting a display. Next step, figure out where the failure happens... Does the CPU fan spin up when you turn the system on? Does it continue to run?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Meaorvvv
    billsey said:
    Yep, with the GPU installed none of the onboard ports should work. With the GPU pulled all three of the motherboard ports should work. Let's look at the sequence your system goes through to try and pin it down more... When you first press the power button a signal is sent to the PSU to turn it on. That then provides power to the MB, which fires up the memory and CPU. If the CPU doesn't initialize the system typically just shuts down. If the CPU initializes it's first task to to initialize the memory. If the memory fails the CPU turns on a long, long (maybe never ending) beep. If the memory comes up fine then the CPU starts into the POST. One of the first things POST does is initialize the GPU, either onboard or offboard. That's when the display should come up and show the splash screen. If the POST finds issues with the GPU it'll beep a sequence of beeps. You are failing somewhere during that process if you aren't getting a display. Next step, figure out where the failure happens... Does the CPU fan spin up when you turn the system on? Does it continue to run?
    Yes, the CPU fan spins up when I turn then system on, actually, all fans and everything start running as if it was just working fine but the system just doesn’t display anything on the monitor. 
  • billsey
    Do you have a HDD of SSD? If a HDD does it make sounds like it's coming up into Windows? I assume you've tried entering the BIOS without any luck on the display...
  • Meaorvvv
    billsey said:
    Do you have a HDD of SSD? If a HDD does it make sounds like it's coming up into Windows? I assume you've tried entering the BIOS without any luck on the display...
    I have a HDD.
  • billsey
    OK, HDDs are easier than SSD in this case, because they actually make noises. :) When the system power is turned on the HDD will spin up (constant whine), do a couple of seeks (short bleep sounds) and then settle into a running mode that doesn't do anything else. When Windows starts loading you'll hear a bunch more seeks and those will likely continue for as long as Windows is loading. If you have an activity LED then you'll see flickering. Try to see if Windows is trying to load...