Anyone else wondering what happened to the Chromebook Spin 513?

TinderBoxTinderBox Member Posts: 5 New User
Remember way back in October last year Acer announced the Spin 513? the first Chromebook using the Snapdragon 7c; an ARM processor with good enough performance to not make a Chromebook feels slow. Well, I've waited patiently for its release, I've contacted Acer representatives, and be lied to over and over again (with guaranteed release dates that don't end up happening). If this thing has been nixed, just say so. If it's going to be massively delayed, at least give an indication of when we can expect it. I'm beginning to suspect Acer is getting out of the Chromebook market, given it's been over 6 month since they last released a Chromebook. 

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 16,188 Trailblazer
    I believe they just started shipping the Spin 7, which is the Windows based version on that platform, so I expect the Chromebook isn't too far out.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TinderBoxTinderBox Member Posts: 5 New User
    The Spin 7 has a completely different chassis, different screen size, and uses a different chip (8cx)
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 16,188 Trailblazer
    Yes, but they are both based on Qualcomm chips and were announced at the same time. I'd expect them take around the same amount of time to come to market. If anything I'd have expected the Switch 7 to take longer, since the Windows software for those chips is new.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.