Helios 300 17 inch 2020 version laptop not turning on

PatDPatD Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 26 in Predator Laptops
I got this laptop LITERALLY YESTERDAY. Under 24 hours of use and it does not load up. It worked PERFECTLY yesterday downloading games and playing them, but when I went to turn it on today, the keyboard flickers to life briefly, the fans/presumably SSD engages, and then it shuts off completely just to restart 2-3 seconds later. Throughout this process the screen remains black. 

Has anyone else experienced this? 

FAQ & Answers

• AnhEZ28AnhEZ28 Member Posts: 147 Skilled Fixer
    You can try to contact Acer for warranty.
  • christy1christy1 Ally Posts: 1,469
    PatD said:
    I got this laptop LITERALLY YESTERDAY. Under 24 hours of use and it does not load up. It worked PERFECTLY yesterday downloading games and playing them, but when I went to turn it on today, the keyboard flickers to life briefly, the fans/presumably SSD engages, and then it shuts off completely just to restart 2-3 seconds later. Throughout this process the screen remains black. 

Has anyone else experienced this? 
    >> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for 30 seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop. If there is no pin hole then press and hold the power button on the unit for 12secs. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Jack22Jack22 ACE Posts: 2,772 Pathfinder
    @PatD
    i dont think the 2020 Helios will have the reset pin hole. so check whether when you connect the charger the charging light is coming on.
    If yes, than remove the charger and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and than try to turn it on.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    and so i have mentioned at the end jack :)

If there is no pin hole then press and hold the power button on the unit for 12secs. 
  • PatDPatD Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you to everyone for their replies but I have returned the laptop instead
    edited February 26
    PatD said:
    Thank you to everyone for their replies but I have returned the laptop instead
    i would do the same as its just one day old baby. wishes for the next new baby. :)