Acer E15 E5-553G-14QY Battery Replacement

RomanMar
RomanMar Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi I need to replace the battery for my Acer E15 E5-553G-14QY laptop as it is dead. I have removed the old battery and it says AS16B8J 3INR/66-2  10.95v to 12.6v. I was hoping to buy a replacement battery on Amazon. Most of the batteries on this site do not list my specific laptop but they are AS16B8J 3INR/66-2 and are often 11.1v. Will these work ok in my laptop. Any suggestions or recommendations? There seems to be a large price disparity from $25 to $55 between different batteries that would seem to fit this laptop. I don't see much difference in the reviews. I was hoping to buy the less expensive battery as this laptop is getting old now and I would rather not make a big investment.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    @RomanMar
    You need to check with the Acer support with the SNID to know the right part number and the specs of the battery came with the unit. check the below link to call Acer support.
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi @RomanMar

You can use a battery with 11.4v battery, look for the part number on the battery, and try and order one of the same type. As far as it seems, you can get the battery that says 11.1v, but the one that Acer shipped out seems to be a 11.4V.  I hope the below screengrab is useful to you.

Please click on "yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • RomanMar
    RomanMar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for your help. Maybe I have a slightly different laptop model then you have. Please see attached picture of my battery and battery model. The battery looks different then yours and has different specs.

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    RomanMar said:
    Thank you for your help. Maybe I have a slightly different laptop model then you have. Please see attached picture of my battery and battery model. The battery looks different then yours and has different specs.

If you say the snid or model they will provide you the exact model. Don't have to worry.  Check with part partners. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    @RomanMar Thanks for sharing the picture, this makes sense. The option is to really get the SNID of your computer, call in the the part partner number from this link and get the genuine compatible part itself. The compatible batteries that you get from Amazon maybe compatible, but looking at the safety of the machine, the best option is to reach out to authorized solutions. Battery is an integral part of a computer or any battery run machine. 

Please click on "Yes" if you found this answer helpful. :):) 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)