Cannot switch DVI to VGA Acer monitor

MicrowaveDude
MicrowaveDude Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello,
I've had this monitor for a very long time now and I am still questioning how to switch the input since when I first set it up. When I tried switching DVI to VGA in the monitor settings It suddenly switch itself back to DVI, anyone can help?

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited February 2021
    @MicrowaveDude

Normally when you connect power code and any cable, it will automatically detect the source. Check if the input is in auto mode or set the monitor to defaults and try it.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • MicrowaveDude
    @christy1

It did detect but did not use it or something, I tried clicking the [ AUTO ] button but it did not give any response
    what should I do?
  • christy1
    @christy1

It did detect but did not use it or something, I tried clicking the [ AUTO ] button but it did not give any response
    what should I do?
    Try a different cable if possible. 
  • MicrowaveDude
    @christy1

I did with 3 other VGA cables but it gave the same results
  • christy1
    @christy1

I did with 3 other VGA cables but it gave the same results
    so its not because of the cable. we have confirmed that. hope you tried reset on the monitor settings. try on different computer and if its still the same then its then its the monitor. you will have to contact acer support. 
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/
  • KenMEdwards
    KenMEdwards Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issue, and have replaced the cable several times. I suspect that the root cause of the problem is not in the cable(s), but the VGA connector on the monitor. It is not worth it to me to replace the connector to verify.