Predator 15 g9-593 has 2 ssd chips in raid 0 providing 256gb storage space. How can I upgrade it?

ianno
ianno Member Posts: 3 New User
I want to upgrade my ssd to 1tb+ without losing the data on my current SSD it has the OS and multiple other softwares installed on it. I believe one ssd is nvme and the other one has a different key. It has a 3rd sata hdd 1tb 7200rpm. I don't want to replace the hdd with a sata sad as it seems like a waste of speed for the same cost

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    Hi,
    I have done this in my G9-793, you need a spare HDD, USB stick and a SATA to USB cable, if you don't have these available, you may have to go to a laptop repair shop and they will be able to help you out.
    Please follow the steps below:
    1. Download and install Macrium Reflect free(select Home use version).
    2. Read the links for the methods involved in Macrium reflect, such as creating a USB bootable rescue disk, backup your current system to an external HDD and recovering image on to a new SSD.
    3. Insert USB stick, run Macrium reflect and choose Other tasks in the left pane to create a bootable USB stick.
    4. Remove the USB stick, connect the external HDD with the SATA to USB cable, backup the current installation.
    5. Remove 2 M.2 SSDs and keep them safe, if the recovery doesn't work you can insert these 2 SSDs and have your system working again.
    6. Install the new 1TB drive, connect the external HDD with USB to SATA cable, insert the USB bootable disk.
    7. Go to BIOS and change the boot order to make USB as your first boot device.
    8. Recover the image from HDD to new SSD using Macrium reflect.
    9. Once the recovery is completed, you can disconnect the external HDD and USB disk.
    10. Do not use IRST utility, simply ignore it and don't use it.
    USB 3.0 to SATA22P Hard Drive Adapter Cable for 2.5": Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    How to Create a Full-Disk Backup of Your PC with Macrium Reflect (howtogeek.com)
    How to use Macrium Reflect to create an image of your PC hard drive | Windows Central
  • Predator777
    Predator777 Member Posts: 5 New User
    I have an Acer predator g593-71EH laptop (2016), there are 2x128GB LITEON disks in the M2 slots. I want to change them to newer ones, namely 2x Samsung MZ-V7S1T0 970 EVO Plus. The question is as follows:
    1. Will they work at all.
    2. Will it be possible to make these disks separate, and not a raid on 2TB
    3. Who faced this, can give advice on the choice of disks that have earned.