Acer Aspire 5 A517-52G-79Z5 - display flickers when waking up from energy-saving mode/standby

cfbt
cfbt Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello dear Acer community,

I bought the Acer Aspire 5 A517-52G-79Z5 a few days ago.
Now I noticed the following error:
After waking up from energy-saving mode/standby, the display flickers, goes off again and again briefly and shows horizontal stripes at the upper edge.
Especially when opening a new tab in Chrome, it then gets so bad that you can almost no longer see anything on the display.

After a reboot, the described error does not occur. The error is only reproducible after the notebook goes into energy-saving mode/standby and wakes up again.
I also thought about a driver error of the graphics card, but the error occurs both with the Acer OEM driver for the Intel graphics card and with a newer driver directly from Intel.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @cfbt
    Try a power drain. Remove cable, flip the unit, check if there is a small pinhole at the bottom of the unit. Put a pin and press and hold for 30secs. Try to reinstall the drivers from acer site.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Go to bios by pressing for during startup for and checking if it happens in bios page. Sometimes scree bleeding also can cause these flicking issues during startups. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi cfbt,

Try to update display driver and battery driver.