Touchpad Not Working - Aspire A515-43

FlossieB81
FlossieB81 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi there! I have an Aspire A515-43, purchased in August 2020 and running Windows 10 Home Edition. My touchpad hasn’t been working for quite a while and from what I’ve been reading it is a common problem post Windows update. However, all of the solutions I have found don’t seem to pertain to the Ryzen processor, only Intel. I’ve tried what feels like a million things, but still nothing. When I run BIOS, the touchpad says 12C, not “Advanced” or “Standard”. When I try to download the serial IOS I only see ones for Intel. I’ve done updates to the driver, Elan, and tried the Fn+F7 trick. I reset the entire computer save for my documents. What am I missing? I’m definitely not tech-savvy, but I’d say tech-comfortable. 

//​​​​​​Edited the content to add model name on title.

Best Answer

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi @FlossieB81

Try only the F7 alone? Try downloading the Synaptics driver and see if it helps. Do a power drain, look at the tiny pinhole on the under the computer panel, insert a pin all the way in and hold it for 40 seconds. Try doing the BIOS default, Keep tapping F2 key when you turn on the computer, BIOS utility setup>>> F9 and Enter, then F10 and ENTER. 

Please click "Yes" if you find the answer helpful. :):)
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)

Answers

• Tachi13
    Answer ✓
    Hi @FlossieB81

Try only the F7 alone? Try downloading the Synaptics driver and see if it helps. Do a power drain, look at the tiny pinhole on the under the computer panel, insert a pin all the way in and hold it for 40 seconds. Try doing the BIOS default, Keep tapping F2 key when you turn on the computer, BIOS utility setup>>> F9 and Enter, then F10 and ENTER. 

Please click "Yes" if you find the answer helpful. :):)
  • FlossieB81
    FlossieB81 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Tachi13 There are no words for how dumb I feel right now. I have downloaded so many different things, wiped my computer and googled for hours. You know what did it? Pushing F7 without the function key 🤣🤣🤣. I’m going to slink away now, but so grateful for your wisdom! 
  • Tachi13
    @FlossieB81 Haha! I'm really glad that it helped ya! 
This discussion has been closed.