Predator PT515-52 nvidia not detected in bios

hfloresv
hfloresv Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have this laptop from 3 days ago, and I need help, I installed  different windows versions 2020, 2019 and 2018, but in windows or bios not detected nvidia graphic, my bios version is 1.10 

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi @hfloresv

Try unplugging it and plugging it in a different PCI express slot. go to BIOS setup>> Advanced >> Video Configuration, then select the PCI Express slot that has the GPU. If you don't see it there, do a BIOS Default, F2 on boot, F9 and Enter to load default settings, F10 and ENTER to save and exit. Try downloading the drivers directly from Nvidea Website. Scan for Hardware changes on Device manager. 

Please click on "yes" if you find this answer to be helpful! :):) 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • hfloresv

Tinkerer

@Tachi13
    Hi, I try BIOS default but nothing, I try downloading directly the driver but nothing again, and the scan for hardware I try also but nothing.
    The Setup-Advanced Video - Configuration not exist in this bios.

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    It would be on the BIOS utility setup, repeatedly tap F2 key when turning on the computer. 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • hfloresv

Tinkerer

@Tachi13
    that screen is with f2 when I turn on the laptop, that is the bios. :C
  • What happens when you change the graphic mode to GPU ONLY?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hfloresv

Tinkerer

edited April 2021
    What happens when you change the graphic mode to GPU ONLY?
       Hi!! mmm if I change to GPU ONLY the laptop turn on but the screen is only black, the windows working but I dont see anything. And I need use team viewer or similar to connect and change to hybrid with the predator app in windows. 
  • Try resetting the battery and check if the gpu appears in the device manager:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hfloresv

Tinkerer

Try resetting the battery and check if the gpu appears in the device manager:

yes, I was try, but the default option is only gpu then I cant see the screen, and I must use team viewer to change again to hibryd in windows with predator app, and then I can see screen.
  • maybe it's just some windows bug. try reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ubirehman
    ubirehman Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter

I am facing the same issue. Were you able to resolve the issue? If yes please let me know how.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,939 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023

If you bought this laptop second hand and only 3 days ago and you have a "NO GPU > TAKE THE LAPTOP BACK TO WHERE YOU BOUGHT THE LAPTOP FROM AS ITS FAULTY" and needs a new mainboard, as these Predator Triton mainboards are very expensive to replace and they can cost like and for the Triton MAINBOARD PT515-52 i7-10875H - N18EG1R (RTX2070) 8GB W/RTC BATTERY Acer part #: NB.Q6X11.001 - $3,107.71

PT515-52 mainboards:

As not having the NVidia gpu showing in Device Manager, means that your laptops gpu must be completely burned/shorted out, and that is why its not being detected. If the gpu has a bad driver then you will get a code 43 error in Device Manager > Display adapters > NVidia RTX2080 gpu > Properties in the PT515-52 laptop. There is nothing you can do, check the mainboard around the gpu chip and see if there are any burn marks or any circuitries that look shorted.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍