Predator 15 G9-592-729E.not turning on

Options
Karaba
Karaba Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi, I have a Predator 15 G9-592-729E.

Yesterday it suddenly died and would not turn on.

At first, when I tried to turn it on only the power light would illuminate, together with the battery and lightbulb LED's(both would illuminate steady red). After opening it up and changing the CBOS battery + checking a few connections, I'm at the point where the whole keyboard illuminates plus the battery led indicator illuminates in steady amber. I can hear the fans working as well, but nothing else. There is no start up sound and when connected to an external monitor there is no signal. None of the buttons seem to be working either apart from the P in the upper left corner which changes color when you press it.

I have tried battery software and hard reset multiple times, plus leaving it off for hours after. Nothing worked.

I have seen quite a few similar cases on the forum but either they were resolved in some random way(like changing the CBOS battery) or no resolution was posted.

I don't know what to do next. I really hope it is not the motherboard as that would mean throwing the whole system in the garbage.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Karaba
    Did you check with external monitor? it might have display gone bad. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Karaba
    Options
    christy1 said:
    Karaba
    Did you check with external monitor? it might have display gone bad. 
    I have, and there is no signal. Also no response from any of the keyboard buttons.
  • Karaba
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I have also dismantled pretty much the whole laptop, changed CBOS battery, cleaned the fans, changed cooling compound, checked all cables and connections and nothing.

Usb ports still charge, LED's illuminate, fans turn on but the laptop doesn't start, and its not the screen as an external monitor doesn't pick up and signal.

How can I tell if the motherboard is dead?

Is is possible that the SSD is dead instead?
    The HDD led on top of the keyboard does not illuminate.
    Please help
  • christy1
    Options
    Karaba said:
    I have also dismantled pretty much the whole laptop, changed CBOS battery, cleaned the fans, changed cooling compound, checked all cables and connections and nothing.

Usb ports still charge, LED's illuminate, fans turn on but the laptop doesn't start, and its not the screen as an external monitor doesn't pick up and signal.

How can I tell if the motherboard is dead?

Is is possible that the SSD is dead instead?
    The HDD led on top of the keyboard does not illuminate.
    Please help
    looks like motherboard. if the ssd is dead then we should get some display. 
    @brummyfan2
    any suggestions 
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi @Karaba
    I agree with @christy1 and suggest you check the MB by taking to a local laptop repair shop.
  • Karaba
    Options
    Thanks guys, I was afraid it was that...  :'(
  • christy1
    Options
    Karaba said:
    Thanks guys, I was afraid it was that...  :'(
    dont worry it can be even a simple loose connection also sometimes. hope it was helpful. stay safe