Acer Aspire A315-54. Screen flickers, but doesn't show anything except a black screen.

Trueless
Trueless Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire A315-54
One of the problems, I'm having is that my screen on my acer doesn't turn on or show any display.

I already did the hard reset with the battery pin and that doesn't seem to work.
Drivers are updated.
Used an external display and everything seem to be running fine on the second screen.

Upon powering on, there is a slight flick on my screen, but it remains as a black screen.

I'm not too experienced with these stuff, hope yall can help me identify this problem.

SNID: XXXX
BIOS Vers: V1.04
Windows 10
Intel(R) UHD Graphics.

Much appreciated - Trueless.

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Trueless
    Try to go to bios during the startup of the unit and check on that screen if its still flickering on that screen. press f2 to go to bios. press f9 ->press enter, press f10->press enter. check after the restart. 

Image result for bios
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Trueless
    edited February 2021
    christy1 

Followed your instructions and the screen didn't restore back to normal.
    Upon power up, I could see a light flicking behind the screen for like 1-3 seconds, but not the actual screen itself if that make sense.
  • Trueless
    christy1 
    Followed your instruction and remains the same.

• George-Acer_Retired
    George-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hi Trueless,

Are you getting abnormal screen in BIOS page also. 
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited March 2021
    Trueless said:
    christy1 

Followed your instructions and the screen didn't restore back to normal.
    Upon power up, I could see a light flicking behind the screen for like 1-3 seconds, but not the actual screen itself if that make sense.

So you were able to see the bios screen. is it a normal screen in bios? if so try a reset. press alt f10 at the start of the unit.

1. troubleshoot.
    2.  Reset this PC.
    3. Click Remove everything. ->just remove my files->Reset.
    5. Image result for factory reset in win 10Image result for factory reset in win 10Image result for factory reset in win 10Image result for factory reset in win 10Image result for factory reset in win 10
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)