E5-521-435W has blue power button on, Orange charging light on, but nothing on the screen

Hoopgal
Hoopgal Member Posts: 2 New User
I took it apart to look at the CMOS battery. It doesn’t look like it can be removed. My son spilled a soft drink on the keyboard months ago, so everything is sticky. I used alcohol to clean everything that I could. It sounds like the fan is moving. Put it back together. Same thing. Just a black screen. Do y’all think it is beyond help? I wouldn’t want to spend much on it since it is so old. 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,914 Pathfinder
    @Hoopgal
    First remove the charger, after removing the charger if you see any light, press and hold the power button until the light goes off.
    Than look at the back of the laptop you can find a tiny battery reset pin hole, put a pin and press and hold it for 30 seconds and than power n the laptop it should work

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Hoopgal
    Hoopgal Member Posts: 2 New User
    I tried your tip. Still nothing but a black screen. Do you think the liquid maybe fried something on the motherboard?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Hoopgal,

Liquid spill may caused the damage on the motherboard. I suggest you to contact a local tech.