Predator Helios 500 - Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C/A constant issues ]after 2.5 years and after repairs

RoRK
RoRK Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I could never get the Thunderbolt 3 & UBC-C ports to work since I purchased it in July 2018. A couple of weeks ago, I finally sent my laptop for repair as I had major issues with Win10 and my keyboard.
My USB-A ports were working as expected.

I got back my PC on Tuesday, almost two weeks after it was collected.They put in a new Mobo and replaced my keyboard and I was charged S$128.40.

Now, my UBC-C and Thunderbolt 3 seems to be working but I'm still unsure if they are meeting their speed limits and the Thunderbolt 3 still hung twice. With only one T3 device, I can't be certain if it's an issue with my device or the port.

Worse yet, my USB-A ports are now functioning at 10% of their speed. After checking, it seems that the BIOS has not been set to employ ACHI. I took a look at the BIOS and it looks like an ancient BIOS with a very outdated-looking UI.

My very expensive laptop is now functioning at a fraction of its capabilities and it has never attained its claimed abilities. I edit videos and produce animations and I desperately need fast USB ports for backups and active storage.

I wished ACER would just provide me with a laptop that actually met the specifications that I purchased. My laptop now feels like an 8 year old system with very poor-performing IO ports which is not suitable for my work.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)