Can't repair/install Windows (even on clean SSD) - aspire a517-51G-55G9

Jmurik
Jmurik Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I've been using my acer aspire a517-51G-55G9 for a couple of years but recently it betrayed me - windows has crashed and the notebook is in perpetual repair screen loading loop. The loading screen never goes beyond the 'windows' sign (no options to select from or start the repair process).

Moreover, I bought a new SSD and tried to use two different installations USBs,  but the notebook is still is the same endless restart loop. When I use installation USB it also never goes beyond windows sign so I can't choose any installation option. 

What could be the issue? A hardware maybe? 

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Jmurik

Did you try the media creation with the old ssd. try the link below. 
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

the new ssd will need a new OS with the product key. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Jmurik
    edited February 2021
    christy1 said:
    Jmurik

Did you try the media creation with the old ssd. try the link below. 
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

the new ssd will need a new OS with the product key. 
    Yes, that was the first thing I tried with my original SSD - no effect. The machine keeps restarting after windows logo (before I see any menu or repair option). 

As for the new SSD (replacing old one) - that's also what I am trying to do (to install a new windows with an installation disk with a new product key). But I can't even do this because of the same reload loop, which starts before I see installation menu (this is one of the reaaoyi suspect hardware issues) 
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Jmurik
    yes looks like hardware issue. it is the right compatible ssd which was installed? 

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Jmurik
    christy1 said:
    Jmurik
    yes looks like hardware issue. it is the right compatible ssd which was installed? 

Yes, the SSD is the same model as previous one (which worked for a year or so). But I doubt this is SSD, because both the old one and the new one have the same issue. I was wondering maybe something with motherboard or RAM that doesn't allow installation/recovery USB to load properly to start installation?