Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-72EV suddenly stopped working? No power. No charge indicator lights.

TrailTrashADV
TrailTrashADV Member Posts: 3 New User
Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-72EV 15.6" 144 Hz IPS Intel Core i7 9th Gen 9750H (2.60 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Purchased in September 2019, this laptop has been great, until it suddenly stopped working. 
The screen recently broke when a pen was left on the keyboard, so I ordered and had been waiting for a replacement. I had been using the laptop with an HDMI cable in the meantime and it was working as per normal (gaming, benchmarks, etc. temps and clocks within normal limits). Today, when I received my new screen and installed it, I found the laptop to be totally dead. It won't turn on (even momentarily) it won't charge. Nothing. Zero signs of power.
I have COMPLETELY disassembled and reassembled the laptop trying everything I can think of to figure out and remedy what is wrong. Everything appeared fine. No "hot spots" or burn marks anywhere. I can confirm that the charging cord does indeed work and it is the original. I suspected the internal charging port of being the issue, but it does not appear to be the case.
HELP MEEEEE.

Also, I just have to state how shameful it is that Acer provides no free customer service once your product is outside the warranty period. I just spent 45 minutes looking for a way to talk to someone from Acer about this and ended up here as a last-ditch effort. I know some PR person will hop on and try to tell me otherwise and tow the corporate line, which makes it even more shameful. After spending $2000 on a product, I can't believe I'm being left without manufacturer support 16 months later. Looking for anything here folks.

Answers