Headset Microphone not being registered. how can I fix this? E5-573-5751

HSB
HSB Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello Acer team and all those who want to chip in. I have a problem. Duh!
Ive had my Laptop for sometime (E5-573-5751) And I'm having some trouble getting a gamers headset to work on it. The headset is a 'Mars Gaming' MH2 model and It simply wont switch to the inbuilt microphone when I put it in. The headset works just fine with my phone RedMi C3, and my wife Laptop, Toshiba. But not matter how much I gut my poor laptop, it wont read, or want to read, the microphone. Ive talked to the mars gaming team to ask for help, but they cant to much if the headset works elsewhere.
so, Is there a drive I need? or a drive I need to uninstall or activate etc. to be able to get this thing working? they work just fine as a headphones, but I bought them for the microphone XD
please help! SOS! thank you!

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    HSB

Are you trying to connect with bluetooth or wired. go to device manager and uninstall the audio drivers. restart the computer. dont delete any drivers. 

Image result for headphones driver windows 10

Try to go to sounds options. check if the playback is on headphones options. 

Image result for headphones driver windows 10
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • HSB
    HSB Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey thanks! They are connected with cable, and unfortunately, they still don't register. So i have no idea what I need to do now.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    HSB said:
    Hey thanks! They are connected with cable, and unfortunately, they still don't register. So i have no idea what I need to do now.
    did you try with previous steps? whats the audio pin on the headset.? 

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • lubby
    lubby Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

get some bluetooth headphones maybe. They are cheap now and stay charged a long time