Screen issues start up - Predator Helios PH317-53

PhoenixNL
PhoenixNL Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi there,

I have an issue with my: Predator Helios 300 PH317-52 with a GTX 1060 6GB.

Everything seems to be working fine, however occassionally when I start the laptop, the screen freezes up. The first time I thought the screen was defect, however after a minute or 2 the screen resetted and everything continued working. So far I have only had this issue with starting the laptop. 

Do you expect this issue is with the Nvidia graphic card or does it use the intel GPU at startup or something else? I have added a screenshot.

The laptop has been completely wiped and reinstalled so it's not a virus. 

Thx for the help.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • your model is ph317-52 or ph317-53? try disabling fastboot in the bios and fast start-up in power options.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PhoenixNL
    @Jack22

Unfortunately that Link does not work for me.

@egydiocoelho

Mine is the PH317-52 with the 1060GB GTX.

Today it has been horrible. It actually did it after starting up as well.
  • PhoenixNL
    Okay so I have tried a few settings. I am not a pro person with laptop settings but following feels strange for me:

When I disable the Intel Graphic card, the laptop will become super slow. I have tried to play COD4 and it lags completely. I find this strange because the GTX 1060 should be faster than the intel GPU? Also when I do this and try to open Nvidia centre, it wont load and says the Graphic card is not active???

Does Nvidia only work well with intel combined? It should be able to work without the intel card right?

• Does the same problem occur when you update drivers on the intel and nvidia websites?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)