boot issue in AO1-431

JERRYBILESJERRYBILES Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hello everyone got this laptop from my granddaughter told her I tried to fix it I'm running into a problem that I don't understand I was wondering if anybody can help me I can take it apart and put it back together again welding in pieces that need to be sorted in but the software has me  befuddled it is a Part Number
NX.SHGAA.001

Product Model
AO1-431

Product Brand
ACR

Product Desc
AO1-431-C8G8-US W10HENAML64R1S13/N3050/BT/2G/32GB MMC/3L4.85/14.0
 And I tried to reload Windows 10 on it and I got this  message
File:\BOOT\BCD
Info: The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid 
information for an operating system
What can I do to work around that?
I thank you all very much for your time and help

Edited the content to hide pesonal information

FAQ & Answers

• JERRYBILESJERRYBILES Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

has no one had
     any ideas of what to do?
  • LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,749 Community Aficionado
    When you say reload do you mean a fresh install, just booting it, or a restore /refresh from inside windosws? And do you know if it was running Windows 10 Home or windows 10 s?

The error is a corrupt windows install so all thats needed is a re-install :)
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 

Tinkerer

It would not install windows I make a new install to run no good: The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid 
    information for an operating system
    How did you make the install media / where from?
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

Tinkerer

FROM WINDOWS MEDIA ON A USB 
    The media creation tool is that :)? And does it let you boot from the USB or does it straight away drop you into that error?

Im wondering if its because the laptop could be in windows 10s mode not windows 10 mode, do you know what mode it was in before?, or for whatever reason the bootloader isnt being written properly which could need a full wipe / secure boot reset