Help on upgrading Wi-Fi card. Which one to choose? Acer Aspire E5-571G

arhanduman
arhanduman Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi there,
I am using an Acer Aspire E5-571G with a wireless card named Qualcomm Atheros ar956x. Time to time it drops connection and afterwards I always need to restart the computer to restore my connection. This doesn't happen when pc is plugged in but when unplug it drops connection after sometime. It always does that. I upgraded ssd and ram two months ago while doing so ı checked Wi-Fi card and its cables antennas etc, they were all intact. (btw issue started like 3 years ago, I got used to it after sometime, but Wi-Fi is essential to me right now.) So my question is, can I change this card. It looked pretty easy to change, there is just one small card. I read it a little online, came upon something called bios whitelist, and I am now confused. I am not sure which card to buy.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    arhanduman
    did you tried to reinstall the wifi drivers from device manager. ? 

please provide the exact model number of the unit. 
    50.ML9N2.003 thats the part number. 

there is a full info about the wifi card.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • arhanduman
    @christy1 I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, updated the drivers, even uninstalled and reinstalled the updated one but no luck. And unfortunately I have no idea about the exact model number, sorry. Here is the Hardware ID from device manager

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_064211AD&REV_01
    Would this help? Please let me know if you need more info to help.

Thanks

• christy1
    @christy1 I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, updated the drivers, even uninstalled and reinstalled the updated one but no luck. And unfortunately I have no idea about the exact model number, sorry. Here is the Hardware ID from device manager

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_064211AD&REV_01
    Would this help? Please let me know if you need more info to help.

Thanks

pls provide the 1st 10 digit of your sn number. also go to cmd prompt and type as 127.0. 0.1 and press enter. do this and check if your getting as packets sent 4, rec 4, lost 0. during the time of breakage. 

Also i suggest you to uninstall all unwanted apps and programs. also disable or uninstall the antivirus if you have any. Image result for loopback address
  • arhanduman
    @christy1 Currently, I am on Ethernet but connected to Wi-Fi now. I don't exactly know when the connection drops. If it does tonight I'll be sure to post the results.
    As for the apps and antivirus, I use 120gb of ssd, so there isn't much installed on my pc since I simply don't have much space. I use Microsoft Defender for antivirus purposes.
    The First ten digits of my SN is goes as the following: (I assume you asked the serial number of my laptop)
    NXMT6EY002

• christy1
    @christy1 Currently, I am on Ethernet but connected to Wi-Fi now. I don't exactly know when the connection drops. If it does tonight I'll be sure to post the results.
    As for the apps and antivirus, I use 120gb of ssd, so there isn't much installed on my pc since I simply don't have much space. I use Microsoft Defender for antivirus purposes.
    The First ten digits of my SN is goes as the following: (I assume you asked the serial number of my laptop)
    NXMT6EY002

Yes the serial number. also when the Ethernet is connected we cant check the wifi dropping rate. check when you have the issue. regarding antivirus its clear. will hope for the best. :)
  • arhanduman
    @christy1 Thanks for all your kind support. I saw Intel 5ghz supported Wi-Fi cards on AliExpress. 9260 seemed nice so far. Is there any chance I can get it and mount it without any error? It would be nice to have access to new technologies since this card only supports 802.11n
    Maybe this problem is solvable but, I actually prefer to change what's inside this pc.

Could you recommend a card? Thanks in advance.