Aspire ES1-571 shows 100% charged, but only works with AC adapter plugged in

Elmavdw55
Elmavdw55 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I cannot use my Acer Aspire E 15 without having it plugged in at the AC adapter.
I can only turn it on with the AC adapter plugged in, battery shows 100% charged but it will immediately shut down when I remove the AC adapter.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares original design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Elmavdw55
    Elmavdw55 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Battery report
    COMPUTER NAMEDESKTOP-JQLII2S
    SYSTEM PRODUCT NAMEAcer Aspire ES1-571
    BIOSV1.02 03/28/2016
    OS BUILD19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406
    PLATFORM ROLEMobile
    CONNECTED STANDBYNot supported
    REPORT TIME2021-02-1517:07:02

Installed batteries

Information about each currently installed battery
    BATTERY 1
    NAMEAC14B18J
    MANUFACTURERLGC
    SERIAL NUMBER39896
    CHEMISTRYLION
    DESIGN CAPACITY36 708 mWh
    FULL CHARGE CAPACITY34 736 mWh
    CYCLE COUNT-

Recent usage

Power states over the last 3 days
    START TIMESTATESOURCECAPACITY REMAINING
    2021-02-1513:31:20ActiveAC--
    17:07:01Report generatedAC--

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Seems like the battery pack's internal charge controller isn't reporting condition correctly. Try this first. Remove the charger. Insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for about 60 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Wait till the battery charge LED changes from steady orange to steady blue. Remove the charger again. Then try to turn it on with battery alone.

If still no success, plug the charger back in. Turn the machine on and boot to Windows. Then open Device Manager. Click on battery folder. Right click on each and uninstall ALL the drivers you find in the  battery folder. Then exit Device Manager with re-installing anything. The open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons' in the left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast  startup if not uncheck already. Then shut down Windows normally. Turn the machine back on and check the battery status monitor again to see if it's charging and NOT yet full.

Jack  E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Elmavdw55,

Try to do factory reset.