Smasung Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A "could no tconnect" via Bluetooth to Aspire XC-895

sberry
sberry Member Posts: 6 New User
Hi

I cannot get either my Samsung Galaxy S8 not Galaxy Tab A to connect to my Aspire XC-895 running Windows 10 Home, via Bluetooth.  They both pair ok and show up as devices on my PC.  Other Bluetooth devices, such as headphones work ok and my Samsung devices connect ok to other devices (Windows 7 PC, car , headphones etc.).  I've made sure all drivers are up to date.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    What are you trying to use them for? It sounds like they are pairing correctly...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sberry
    I want to listen to podcasts etc that are on my phone.  I connected the Tab as a test.  They are pairing, but when  try to connect, I get a message on my phone saying that it could not connect.
  • billsey
    When you open File Explorer on your computer with the phone connected, are there a drive or two showing for the phone?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sberry
    The problem is that, whilst the phone WILL pair ok (both PC and phone say they are paired to each other), I cannot then connect.  When I try to connect from the phone, my Samsung says "Connecting..." and then "Couldn't connect".
  • billsey
    But what does the Samsung think it's connecting using? Shared storage, screen mirroring, shared media, etc.? Android usually opens a requestor when you first connect to ask what kind of device it is.
  • sberry
    I'm not 100% sure about what you mean, but I'm trying to connect to use Audio, not Calls if that helps (in phone's Bluetooth settings for the paired device)?
  • billsey
    So you want the phone to play music on the computer, or the computer to play music on the phone?
  • sberry
    I refer you to my earlier post, I want to play podcasts that are on my phone on my PC so that I can hear them whilst sitting at my desk.
  • billsey
    edited February 2021
    OK, so it should work. With the two paired you tell your phone to play via Bluetooth. The computer should recognize it without having to do any actual connect process, since they are already paired. You might just be missing the app.
  • sberry
    Thanks for the link to the app, works ok now with my Galaxy Tab A, but sadly, not with my Galaxy S8 phone.  This leads me to believe it might be a problem with the phones software.
  • matthewtaylor999
    matthewtaylor999 Member Posts: 1 New User
    my galaxy s8 phone connects to my pc no problem and all my other devices via Bluetooth