After changing sata mode to ahci the bios isn't recognising my storage drive in aspire 7 a715-75g

neopanther
neopanther Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Acer aspire 7 a715-75g. I wanted to install Linux on it, So I changed my SATA mode from 'optane without raid' to AHCI by going to safe boot and changed it in the bios. But then if I go to my bios, it isn't showing the HDD model number and serial number which it showed when it was in the 'optane without raid' option. I have a 512GB SSD on my laptop. I will include screenshots of bios in both SATA modes below. Does anyone else with an acer aspire 7 have this issue. Please let me know if anybody knows a solution to this.

Answers

• Hi,
    Your Windows OS is installed in UEFI, so you have to install Linux OS also in UEFI mode, have you tried installing Linux in UEFI mode? if not give it a try.
    UEFI - Community Help Wiki (ubuntu.com)
  • neopanther
    neopanther Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

the problem is not about Linux installation. The thing is after I change sata mode to ahci, windows 10 also crashes after I wake the laptop from sleep.
    I think I installed Linux in UEFI. I used etcher to create the installation media. I was trying to install Pop os. And the grub wasn't configured properly(I think) and I was just able to get rid of the Linux installation just by deleting the partition in windows(which I don't think is the right way).

Thanks for replying