DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN ERROR (SITE CAN'T BE REACH) Acer Swift 3.

JIUN
JIUN Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi everyone, I need your help in this issue. My laptop is Acer Swift 3. 

I was unable to browsing to the website. When I try to browsing it will come out DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN ERROR and it happened on my Google Chrome, Firefox and the Microsoft Edge as well. I have already try run the CMD but it still unable to solve it.  Hope anyone can help me. 

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Thank you :) spotted the issue but its not DNS, so the issue is that you are not getting DHCP from your router for some reason, so your pc is using a link local address.

What this means is your computer is getting a "local" address (that number starting 169), so it has no idea on how to talk to the internet, only other things with 169 addresses (which should be anything), Most of the time turning the router off for a min then turning it back on and re-connecting should bring it back.

If this doesnt work, it will be either logging into the router to make sure nothing is wrong there, or setting a static IP address on the computer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,832 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Leostat
    edited February 2021
    Could you run  and post these two things:
    ipconfig /all

And also see if there is anything but auto set in Start -> network connections -> right click wifi -> propoties -> internet protocol ofr ipv4 -> properties 

For us? It could be the DNS is set wrong.

• JIUN

Tinkerer

edited February 2021
    Hi Jack E/NJ. Thanks for your reply. 

There have no any warning on the device manager. Btw, I am not sure whether this issue is caused by the cookies cleaning, since last few days I was clean the cookies by using the antivirus. 

• Leostat
    Nah its a DNS issue not cookies :), DNS is the phone book of the web and for some reasons yours isnt working, it could be set wrong
  • JIUN

Tinkerer

edited February 2021
    Leostat said:
    Could you run  and post these two things:
    ipconfig /all

And also see if there is anything but auto set in Start -> network connections -> right click wifi -> propoties -> internet protocol ofr ipv4 -> properties 

For us? It could be the DNS is set wrong.

Hi, here the screenshot. :) 

xxxxxxx

xxxxxx

[Edited comment to delete personal or unique information]
  • Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Thank you :) spotted the issue but its not DNS, so the issue is that you are not getting DHCP from your router for some reason, so your pc is using a link local address.

What this means is your computer is getting a "local" address (that number starting 169), so it has no idea on how to talk to the internet, only other things with 169 addresses (which should be anything), Most of the time turning the router off for a min then turning it back on and re-connecting should bring it back.

If this doesnt work, it will be either logging into the router to make sure nothing is wrong there, or setting a static IP address on the computer