Battery full charge capacity going down super fast Helios 300 PH 315 - 53

HyouinKyouma
HyouinKyouma Member Posts: 8 New User
I've owned this laptop for a week and I've been checking it's battery capacity periodically. Apparently it went down from 59, 767 to 57, 719 in just a span of 5 days of use. It's almost never not plugged and it's probably only even been charged 3 - 4 cycles. I've never even had the battery go down below 40% how could it go down so fast.

Answers

• Hi,
    Did you fully charge the battery before the first use? If not it's the best practice to fully charge the battery before start using the laptop for the first time, do you game while only on battery power? If so, avoid playing games on battery power and always connect with AC adapter while gaming.
    Please check whether you have the settings like in my snip, download HWMonitor, run it and post the snip of battery section.
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

• I would also advise you to disable charging the USB port on Acer quick access.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • HyouinKyouma
    Hi, I did charge it fully on first use. I never game on battery, I don't think you'd be able to anyway since the graphics card is heavily power limited. Does usb charging ruin the battery even when plugged in?
  • HyouinKyouma
    Hi,
    Did you fully charge the battery before the first use? If not it's the best practice to fully charge the battery before start using the laptop for the first time, do you game while only on battery power? If so, avoid playing games on battery power and always connect with AC adapter while gaming.
    Please check whether you have the settings like in my snip, download HWMonitor, run it and post the snip of battery section.
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

Power settings haven't been changed since the laptop shipped. 

• It will not damage or damage the battery. However, the USB 3.0 port will remain active even when the laptop is connected. This can consume a little battery power.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)