anybody tried 32GB RAM for Aspire 3 A315-41G ?

Janis_G
Janis_G Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello,

Has anybody tried to upgrade this laptop to 32 GB (not just 16GB)?
In some forums there are hints that this may be possible. 

My laptop specs: 
Acer Aspire 3   A315-41G-R0GF  
Part Number: NX.GYBEL.005  
Ryzen 5  2500U

Also, in Acer web pages I find contradicting info on max RAM size for this laptop.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    Janis_G said:
    Hello,

Has anybody tried to upgrade this laptop to 32 GB (not just 16GB)?
    In some forums there are hints that this may be possible. 

My laptop specs: 
    Acer Aspire 3   A315-41G-R0GF  
    Part Number: NX.GYBEL.005  
    Ryzen 5  2500U

Also, in Acer web pages I find contradicting info on max RAM size for this laptop.

Best way to determine the max ram for your laptop/comouter is to go to cmd propmpt run as administrator and use this cmd: systeminfo | findstr /C:"Total Physical Memory"

For type of ram run CPUID at SPD section and see your OEM full specs for your ram that is running which is a good guide but and with the A315-41G-R0GF and with 32Gb 2x 16GB DDR4 I wouldn’t go with overclocked ram and/or higher than the DDR4-2666MHz type ram.

Also and if you want to find out “How to get full PC memory specs (speed, size, type, part number, form factor) on Windows 10” look at links guide.

• Janis_G
    Janis_G Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you!

In my case your command: 
    systeminfo | findstr /C:"Total Physical Memory
    showed total currently installed memory instead of max memory size that can be installed. 

I have found the following command in cmd prompt to learn the max RAM that can be installed: 
    wmic memphysical get maxcapacity 
    but this confuses things further because it shows that my laptop can take up to 64 GB of RAM which I think is unrealistically large for my Acer Aspire 3   A315-41G-R0GF laptop.