Predator 17 G9-793 Problem gaming while plugged in.

Options
SlalomHermit
SlalomHermit Member Posts: 2 New User
So, I have a Predator 17 G9-793 that had the motherboard and battery replaced recently. It also got a new Light-On AC adapter. It had all fried after sitting plugged in and unused for a couple of months. Anyway, since I got it back it has a strange problem when playing fast, graphically intense games like Doom Eternal. It starts to disconnect and connect power, as if I am unplugging it and plugging it back in repeatedly. If that gets bad enough then it will instantly do a hard shut down. If it's not plugged in, it doesn't do this. I don't seen any recent events that would point to a specific problem and I have confirmed that it is not heat related.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,023 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    Options
    So, I have a Predator 17 G9-793 that had the motherboard and battery replaced recently. It also got a new Light-On AC adapter. It had all fried after sitting plugged in and unused for a couple of months. Anyway, since I got it back it has a strange problem when playing fast, graphically intense games like Doom Eternal. It starts to disconnect and connect power, as if I am unplugging it and plugging it back in repeatedly. If that gets bad enough then it will instantly do a hard shut down. If it's not plugged in, it doesn't do this. I don't seen any recent events that would point to a specific problem and I have confirmed that it is not heat related.

Do a “Battery reset at pinhole #2” at caption above (this action simulates removing and reinstalling the battery. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds) this is from the "Predator 17" manual. Also do a "Calibration of Your Laptop Battery" and also do a reset of your “Power Options” to default by right clicking on the battery icon (at bottom right side of taskbar) and resetting the Power Options to Balanced (recommended) setting and see if that fixes your problem. 

• SlalomHermit
    SlalomHermit Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I did every single one of those things but unfortunately they did not work :(