Is this backlight bleed acceptable? Acer Nitro XV272U

Options
Malignant
Malignant Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Monitors
Hey!

I have recently purchased an Acer monitor called Acer Nitro XV272U, a QHD IPS Gaming Monitor.

Bought it from Amazon India for a hefty price of INR 27,599.

I am quite frustrated when I found out that my expensive monitor might have excessive backlight bleeding. It is a bit concerning and distracting to me, but I'm unable to make up my mind on whether to keep it or request a replacement/return.

Please note that the camera auto-exposure is making it look worse than it actually is, but still the backlight bleed amount is enough to raise some red flags for me.

So can you guys tell me if this is standard and acceptable or should I demand a replacement/return?
I would really appreciate help as soon as possible =) (return/replacemment window is closing).

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    personally, i wouldn't accept that, looks pretty bad.
  • forumusernm
    forumusernm Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    is it supposed to be new?
  • Malignant

Tinkerer

Options
    Gawain said:
    Hey! Thanks for the answer =)
    Have you also accounted for the fact that my phone camera makes it look worse than it actually is?

Yup, it is brand new. Just bought it day before yesterday.
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Malignant said:
    Gawain said:
    Hey! Thanks for the answer =)
    Have you also accounted for the fact that my phone camera makes it look worse than it actually is?

Yup, it is brand new. Just bought it day before yesterday.
    its obviously difficult to imagine something you haven't actually seen, but even when i edited the photo and turned down the brightness/saturation and vibrance to make the centre black, the 4 corners were still terrible.  if you phone can do it, maybe take a manual shot so its much closer to what it looks like?
  • Malignant

Tinkerer

Options
    I completely understand your stance haha.

Let me share a pic that I took standing from afar. 
    The interesting thing here is that the leaking light from the 4 corners have almost completely disappeared and the screen seeems relatively unform. The pic that I shared earlier was from me sitting in my chair at eye level with the monitor. 

So I'm not sure what to make of this conflicting information. Moreover, as I move around with my phone camera focusing on the monitor black screen and viewing it from different angles, the "glow level" keeps changing.