Can't get my Boltune - BH020 Bluetooth Earphones to connect to new Aspire A515-56

Options
ageingtechie
ageingtechie Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I Can't get my Boltune - BH020 Bluetooth Earphones to connect to new Aspire A515-56. 11th Gen Intel Core I5 version.  They will connect both to the HP laptop that I am porting from and also to my iPhone. My iPhone will also pair with the Acer. Can anyone help please, I have tried all the suggestions given in search results online

Best Answer

• ageingtechie

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Guys - Thank you for your help. I contacted Boltune and they sent out a pair of replacement earbuds which connected immediately. It seems there must have been a compatibility problem

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,486 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Device Manager. Click network adapters. If you have an intel wifi adapter, download and install this intel driver.  If you have a qualcomm wifi, use this atheros driver.    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ageingtechie

Tinkerer

Options
    The driver I now have is  dated 13/05/2019 and is version 21.10.2.2 but does not appear to have made any difference
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    the same problem occurs when changing the device name?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>The driver I now have is  dated 13/05/2019 and is version 21.10.2.2 but does not appear to have made any difference >>>

Yes, I know. But did you try the 21.110.0.3 dated 23/09/2020? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ageingtechie

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>The driver I now have is  dated 13/05/2019 and is version 21.10.2.2 but does not appear to have made any difference >>>

Yes, I know. But did you try the 21.110.0.3 dated 23/09/2020? Jack E/NJ

I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly but the file you directed me to download contained version 22.0.1.1 of the driver dated 29/09/2020 and did not appear to solve the problem

• JackE
    Options
    Is the download zipfile name "Bluetooth_Intel_21.110.0.3_W10x64_A.zip" ?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ageingtechie

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Is the download zipfile name "Bluetooth_Intel_21.110.0.3_W10x64_A.zip" ?  Jack E/NJ

Yes Jack it is
  • ageingtechie

Tinkerer

Options
    More Detail

I choose - Browse my computer....

I click - Next .... and get

so I go back and click - Let me pick.....

and this is where I pick up the 22.0.1.1 version from

• JackE
    Options
    Did you unzip "Bluetooth_Intel_21.110.0.3_W10x64_A.zip" ?  Then browse its unzipped subdirectory? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ageingtechie

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Did you unzip "Bluetooth_Intel_21.110.0.3_W10x64_A.zip" ?  Then browse its unzipped subdirectory? Jack E/NJ

Yes - The zip file is C:\Users\donev\Downloads\Bluetooth_Intel_21.110.0.3_W10x64_A.zip

and the unzipped file which I moved int Documents to eliminate any confusion is C:\Users\donev\Documents\Bluetooth_Intel_21.110.0.3_W10x64_(AX201) 

• JackE
    Options
    Where are you seeing that this yields version 22.0.1.1 with a  29/09/2020 datestamp? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ageingtechie

Tinkerer

Options
    Jack, this is why I said I didn't know whether I was doing things correctly. 

I can see from the Prepackage.xml file that the  data in that folder does indeed relate to version 21.110.0.3  but when I follow the route through the wizard it tells me that the best drivers are already installed.  If I choose the option - Let me pick from a list of drivers.... Then I am offered those 3 that I showed which are - 22.0.1.1 29/09/2020 (Intel),     21.90.3.2 04/05/2020  (Intel),        21.10.0.2   13/05/2019 (Microsoft).

Nowhere can I find a way to actually use the driver in the downloaded 21.110.0.3 folder
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes, but  where are actually you seeing the version numbers? The list offerring only shows the compatible hardware, not  the driver versions. Possibly in Device Manager after selecting the hardware? What happens when you uncheck show compatible hardware? Also, if you click have disk and point to the unzipped file directory? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ageingtechie

Tinkerer

Options
    I loaded each of those drivers and looked at the Properties to get the version numbers

If I point to the folder it tells me that it doesn't contain a suitable driver

If I un-check the Compatible Hardware box and look at the Intel stuff it lists 6 drivers for AX201

4 of them are 22.0.2.2   and there is one each of 21.90.3.2 and 21.10.2.2
  • JackE
    Options
    Does Device Manager have any red or yellow warnings?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ageingtechie

Tinkerer

Options
    no Jack there were not. I did have one relating to a USB serial port but doing an Windows Optional Update resolved that
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Download and try a few of these freeware driver update tools to see if they'll pick up anything new online. Try iobit's DriverBooster first. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ageingtechie

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks Jack . Driver Booster found a newer version of the AX201 driver and I installed that. It is version 22.10.07 of 20/10/2020 but unfortunately the problem still persists.

I have managed to pair AirPods and other devices so I may just have to accept that there is some incompatibility between the Boltune Earbuds and the Acer. I have contacted Boltune Support and am waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks very much for all your help. It is much appreciated. I'll let you know if there is anything forthcoming from Boltune
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I have managed to pair AirPods and other devices so I may just have to accept that there is some incompatibility between the Boltune Earbuds and the Acer. I have contacted Boltune Support and am waiting to hear back from them.>>>

I think you're right. Somehow they don't seem to like each other. Good plan. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried to add the device here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)