2»

Answers

• majestyNL
    majestyNL Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Vanquish said:
    majestyNL said:
    I just received this monitor but it has issues with AdaptiveSync. When playing games and FPS dips below ~60 in menu's etc the screen goes black and comes back continuously. When turning off AdaptiveSync it has no issues. This is a well know issue and probably can be fixed by ACER with a firmware update. This is a new monitor and i think many users who will get this monitor will report this issue soon.
    Some games have settings to Framelimit the menu to a higher FPS, then the issue is gone. In game i have no issue because of a constant FPS above 140! 

Acer please fix this or i need to sent it back. Dont want to do this cause the monitor is other then this awsome.

o
    sing a 6900XT with AdaptiveSync enabled!
    Have had this monitor for a few weeks, same issue. Flickers off, it drives me crazy. Restarting PC fixes it for awhile. LMK when you hear back.. Might need to return it.
    Like christy 1 is suggesting we don't know if you have same issue. With my problem you can't fix it with a restart. It's constantly !

Try:

- Another DP cable, VESA certified preferred
    - update monitor drivers
    - DDU GPU drivers and reinstall newest one
    - Try another output of your GPU (if you have one)
    - Double check your Energy saving settings

If you want to check you have same issue as me. You can download Nvidea Pendulum test.
    Open test and enable "FPS" slider at left bottom. Move your upper limit to above 70fps. Leave your bottom limit on 35. Check if display flickers.

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/coolstuff/demos

• juhca
    juhca Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same issues as majestyNL, the youtuber and probably Vanquish.
    This is a new PC, so it's everything fresh.
    I installed the newest amd gpu drivers, I installed the monitor drivers (it's correctly recognised), used different dp ports (monitor/gpu), different cables, my energy settings are set to maximum performance.

I checked with amd windmill test, disabled freesync and went without a hitch. Then I enabled it and it started shutting on/off again.

Tried running The Witcher 3, could play it without issue on my 6800XT, but as soon as i limited my fps to 30, i got one or two blackscreens every 10 seconds. When I changed to 60fps, the game became unplayable, constant long black screens even in the menus and load screens.

I will not try any CRU edits since I have no experience and the monitor should be able to perform as advertised.

• majestyNL
    Options
    juhca said:
    I installed the newest amd gpu drivers, I installed the monitor drivers (it's correctly recognised), used different dp ports (monitor/gpu), different cables, my energy settings are set to maximum performance.

I checked with amd windmill test, disabled freesync and went without a hitch. Then I enabled it and it started shutting on/off again.

Tried running The Witcher 3, could play it without issue on my 6800XT, but as soon as i limited my fps to 30, i got one or two blackscreens every 10 seconds. When I changed to 60fps, the game became unplayable, constant long black screens even in the menus and load screens.

I will not try any CRU edits since I have no experience and the monitor should be able to perform as advertised.

Can you test the solution of Visible-Pineapple-50 on my Reddit thread pls. My unit is still at ACER. :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/lmz1hx/acer_predator_x34gs_adaptive_sync_freesync_black/

• juhca
    juhca Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    majestyNL said:
    juhca said:

Can you test the solution of Visible-Pineapple-50 on my Reddit thread pls. My unit is still at ACER. :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/lmz1hx/acer_predator_x34gs_adaptive_sync_freesync_black/

I tried his fix, it did work. But will need an official response from Acer.
    Nevertheless Acer should fix this. No every user is tech savy.
  • majestyNL
    Options
    Great that it has worked.!

Acer sent my monitor back with a paper included telling the fix from above worked . LOL , I would suggest a more elegant fix from their side 
This discussion has been closed.