Helios 315-53 (2020 Model) PredatorSense Missing 10750H Configuration

Options
BeLIEve
BeLIEve Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hey everyone, I hope you are staying healthy and safe.

I'm having an issue with my 2020 Helios 300 315-53.  I've noticed that when I change the Overclocking setting under the GPU tab, nothing actually happens.  It's stuck at 300Mhz with the greyed-out message "Loading X%" with various percentage numbers from 10-20%.  I've verified that the GPU is still at 300Mhz with other software and when I checked the actual download and install folders, I noticed that there is no folder for the 10750H CPU.

I have a very "stock" setup on this so far.  Adobe CS and a few Steam games, in addition to Intel XTU to keep the Turbo in check.  No TS or MSI and I've stripped down the NVidia software to the bare minimum drivers to keep CPU temps down.

Any help is appreciated!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,770 Pathfinder
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @BeLIEve
    Check the below link and try to check on the settings again, or try to re install the predator sense and check, Also check whether you laptop model is listed in the below link
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49967/~/can-i-overclock-the-gpu-on-the-predator-helios-300
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • BeLIEve

Tinkerer

Options
    I've reinstalled it several times, including deleting settings files in-between installs.  It worked out-of-the-box quite well and stopped overclocking after the last BIOS update.

If I'm understanding that link, PredatorSense is only supported on 4 models?  That seems strange.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,770 Pathfinder
    Options
    @BeLIEve
    The link which i have give might be or might not be the updated one, but that is what has given on that link
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • BeLIEve

Tinkerer

Options
    It's a couple years old.  But I still find it hard to believe that the software that comes pre-installed on all Predator models for lighting, fan control and overclocking, marketed for it's Overclockable NVidia GPU RTX 2060, is not supported.   I'll look into this futher with our IT department when I get to campus tomorrow.