My acer laptop clock speed is stuck and its lower than its base cup speed. aspire 715-71g

sabin411
sabin411 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have a acer laptop acer aspire 7, it has cpu with base speed of 2.5ghz with turbo boost up to 3.5ghz. right now its running normally and there is no any lagging or any slowing issue but whenever i run some high cpu consuming programs like "PHoto shop, filmora or blender" or any other games the cup clock speed decreases and gets stuck at 0.72ghz (somewhere around there). When the cpu is needed to be at its full speed its decreasing i don't know what the problem is here. I have tried setting my laptop at best performance battery wise. No change Please help me here. Also I am using SSD which should make my laptop even faster but its not.. 

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Battery must be near 100% charged and plugged in before starting heavy cpu/gpu loads. If/when battery charge level drops below about 50%, the  speed automatically drops to as battery charging takes precedent  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Sorry. Your battery pack has lost nearly 50% of its original design capacity. Its charge controller is also faulty since it shuts down without warning.  Google "AC14B3K" or "AC14B8K" for battery pack vendors who ship to your location. Jack E/NJ
    "

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Go to edit power plan and advanced power settings. In the box that pops up, click on the process power management folder. Set max cpu/gpu state to 100% Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sabin411
    JackE said:
    Go to edit power plan and advanced power settings. In the box that pops up, click on the process power management folder. Set max cpu/gpu state to 100% Jack E/NJ
    its already set to 100%, its not solving the issue
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Battery must be near 100% charged and plugged in before starting heavy cpu/gpu loads. If/when battery charge level drops below about 50%, the  speed automatically drops to as battery charging takes precedent  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sabin411
    JackE said:
    yes you are right i have a battery problem in my laptop every time I unplug my laptop it automatically shuts down without any warning.... so i have to keep it plugged in all the time when i have to use my laptop... does it have anything to do with the "plugging-in-my-laptop-all-the-time"??
  • JackE
    Possibly. Try this. Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg    /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sabin411
    JackE said:
    Possibly. Try this. Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg    /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

is this the one??
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Sorry. Your battery pack has lost nearly 50% of its original design capacity. Its charge controller is also faulty since it shuts down without warning.  Google "AC14B3K" or "AC14B8K" for battery pack vendors who ship to your location. Jack E/NJ
    "

Jack E/NJ

• sabin411
    JackE said:
    "

Oh thank you.... !!
  • sabin411
    JackE said:
    "

sir, once I get a new battery will my laptop work fine?? will cpu run normally without any fault... like i mentioned earlier..??
  • JackE
    It should but I can't guarantee 100%. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ