Predator X3P issue

Options
bondibro
bondibro Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi everyone,

I'm having some major issues setting up the HDR functionality for my new monitor. This is my first time playing with a HDR monitor and I am loosing faith fast. This monitor is 3 days old now.

When I enable HDR in Windows "Display Settings" all is fine, but when I view anything with a white background, I notice flickering occuring, speicfically when moving my mouse. After some digging, I adjusted the "Windows HD Color settings" HDR/SDR brightness balance and found that if I set it to 95/100 the flickering will go away.

The issue with setttings the balance this high however is that the colors are now blown out and the greys become this blue tinge. Now, if I go ahead and reinstall my NVIDIA drivers the problem is resolved and although the screen is bright with this HDR/SDR setting the colors are accurate and greys are grey and other colors represented correctly.

When I restart the machine I am back to the same problem described above, all colors completely washed out. At this point I have to adjust the SDR/HDR setting to something lower - eg. 50ish - then after a reboot it change completely again so I have to go back to 90-95. Anyone have this issue? 

Now the second issue - What I have noticed in some games, EG. ACV, MSFS2020 and The Medium is that HDR doesn't actually work properly. Now I have tested this using Geforce Experience and the FPS counter enabled. In the games above when after turning on HDR the Geforce FPS counter remains dull green and in games like The Medium, its washed out and dark, with whites blinding me. Now in other games like, WDL, FC, Hitman, Marvel Avengers and RDR2, the FPS counter goes bright highlight green with HDR mode and the games look beautiful. Nothing over saturated. 

I am using this monitor with a EVGA 3090 Ultra graphics Card.

Is my monitor broken? 

Answers

• bondibro
    bondibro Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Apologies this is a X38P monitor - Mistyped the Title
  • F1Aussie
    F1Aussie Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I get the same flickering with hdr enabled on my X38P as well. Hopefully something they can fix with a firmware update.
  • F1Aussie
    F1Aussie Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I dont think Acer really care about giving us fixes for issues with this monitor. They have our money now so why would they care. Can only hope others read of the few issues with this monitor and decide to go Acer the middle finger by not purchasing one.
  • NoseHonker
    NoseHonker Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    ferty554 said:
    I am facing predator issue from last two weeks and now I find a solution you can see here on this page I hope it will provide benefit to you in solving this issue.
    #ferty554, can you update your post?  I don't see any link referenced in your post here but you are saying you found a solution?

I just received my X38P today.  I am having exactly the same issue it seems several others are with the screen flickering as soon as HDR is enabled.  I have tried every refresh rate available and that does not help.  Adjusted every setting I can find..  nothing seems to fix it.

My display has a January 2021 date of manufacture.  Has anyone found a solution to the HDR not working yet?

Ironically, I purchased this monitor to replace my Predator Z35P, which is out of warranty support and started experiencing issues with the LCD panel causing flashing on the screen when minimizing windows or scrolling in windows with a lot of graphics.  Visually, a similar issue and I am not having good luck with the Preadators :-(

I am running a Zotac RTX 3080 Ti AMP Holo video card with up-to-date NVIDIA drivers.
  • Lineron
    Lineron Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Signed up to give one solution I found that made a difference to me, hope it helps at least some of you.

In windows screen setting (I have a swedish Win so the windows terms I use might not be totally correct)
    Just above where you enabled HDR in Windows there is "settings Windows HD color" press it and go down the resulting page until you reach "light balance SDR/HDR" pull the slider towards the right end. For me the flickering stopped at 85. Try that first and if it doesn't work go to 100 and adjust downwards.