USB ports version Swift 3 SF314-56G

Options
saydash
saydash Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello there!

I have a Swift 3 SF314-56G laptop. I'd like to know the versions/speeds of the USB ports available on the laptop. As far as I can tell, there is one USB 2.0 port (it's black), two USB 3.0 ports (they are blue), and one USB type C port. I'd like to know the speeds of the USB 3.0 ones, especially the type C one. Are they USB 3.1 gen 1 or gen 2? Or if both, which one is which?

Thanks!

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    saydash
    Check the features of the usb port on your unit. 

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,386 Trailblazer
    Options
    Swift 3 SF314-56G Ports:
    • HDMI 1.4b port (2K/4K support)
    • USB Type-C port supporting:
      •     USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
      •     USB charging 5 V; 3 A
    • 3.5 mm headphones/speaker jack, supporting headsets with built-in microphone
    • Two USB 3.0 ports with one featuring power-off USB charging
    • USB 2.0 port
    • DC-in jack for AC adapter
    • SD Card reader

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • saydash
    saydash Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you guys. Just one more question, are the two USB 3.0 ports gen1 or gen2?
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    saydash said:
    Thank you guys. Just one more question, are the two USB 3.0 ports gen1 or gen2?
    USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB Gen 2 is as simple as this: Gen 1 offers 5Gbps speeds, whereas Gen 2 offers 10Gbps.
    where as for 3.0 i dont think so.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,386 Trailblazer
    Options
    3.0 would be gen 1. They didn't go to the 'gen' stuff until 3.1 was released, and renamed 3.0 to 3.1 gen 1, with the new 3.1 being 3.1 gen 2. It's confusing... ;)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.