How to change RAM speed? Nitro N50-600

Options
Atlas321
Atlas321 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi, I recently purchased "CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2B3200C16" Now when I installed both sticks of RAM, my PC only shows it running at 2333mhz when I would like it to run at 3200mhz. My PC is Nitro N50-600. I went into my BIOS to change the RAM speed but don't have a section called XMP. Do I need to update my BIOS?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That was a brain-fart sorry :D I did mean desktop. Even with the newest bios I don't believe it's supported. I assume it's for stability as XMP can be hit and miss. It would need a new mobo :( (or faster standard speed ram, 2666 is the max)

Answers

• Leostat
    edited February 2021
    Options
    XMP isn't support on the desktop I'm afraid, it's not possible to. It's only possible to run at the jedec speed
  • Atlas321
    Atlas321 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    The thing is, this is not a laptop its a desktop; components are CPU: I5-8400k, GPU: GTX 1050, motherboard they don't really tell you, So even if it's a desktop, can I still not enable XMP? I saw there was a new BIOS update saying "Enhance system performance" I didn't know if that was anything related to XMP. So for me to get the RAM running at 3200mhz, I would need a new motherboard? 
  • Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That was a brain-fart sorry :D I did mean desktop. Even with the newest bios I don't believe it's supported. I assume it's for stability as XMP can be hit and miss. It would need a new mobo :( (or faster standard speed ram, 2666 is the max)