Acer Nitro XF243Y display/color issues

Options
MercWithAaMouth
MercWithAaMouth Member Posts: 6 New User
his is my first Acer monitor and whenever I log into apex the start up screen starts off bright but when it goes into the lobby all the colors get dim and darken. When I go from the dark lobby in apex back to my Xbox Home Screen it brightens up again. Is there a way to fix this? 

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @MercWithAaMouth

I would like to let you know, to play with consoles, TVs are the best options, not all monitors support Consoles because they are specifically made to work and adapt with the display adapters from a computer. Now, since this only happens in game. Can you try and see if the video settings in your game is all good? Gamma, saturation, contrast, brightness? 

Please Click on "Yes" if you find this helpful.
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • MercWithAaMouth
    MercWithAaMouth Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    Hello, I really appreciate the response back but I think that’s a little inaccurate when it comes to gaming. 65, 75, 86 inch tv would not necessarily be better than a 24, 27, even a 32 inch monitor. It could depend on what kinda gaming you’re doing but if you’re playing competitive I would say the opposite is true. You would want a smaller screen with higher refresh rate so you can see the entire screen easily. I’ve played on a tv most my life and once I went to a monitor I would never go back. This could be subjective so for you tvs may be better but I would say generally people would have a better gaming experience on 24 inch/27 inch, 1920/1080-2560/1440, 144z/165hz monitor. That’s why a lot of monitors come hdmi compatible so you could connect your gaming console to it. I checked the gaming settings and everything is normal. All my other games look fine and I tested my Xbox on a different monitor and tv and everything is fine. It’s only on this monitor when I play Apex that the colors dim and darken. I reached out to ea games to see what they say but no response yet.
  • ModeratelyCryptic
    ModeratelyCryptic Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had this same issue, and what worked for me is disabling the "enable 4k" option in the settings. The monitor doesn't have 4K but it was enabled for some reason. Hope this helps! :)
  • affysa
    affysa Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    i have the same issue too please i need help to fix it 
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited May 2022
    Options
    affysa

Is it happening only on apex or is it happening on all games ?   Is the monitor connected to desktop or laptop ?     Are you facing any issues while watching movies or while using word, excel or while playing any other games. 

Try to reset the settings of monitor and check. 

If it is still not working 

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand display adapter
    right click on display driver - uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 
    Dont restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the display driver 

t should work fine.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★