Orion 3000 po3-600 motherboard upgrade

EmyR
EmyR Member Posts: 1 New User
I m thinking of buy Orion 3000 with 8400+2070, its only 130$ more expensive than the cheapest rtx 2070 on market now and i really like the case. But would like to get a lga1700 motherboard when realise.
Can i put mATX or mini ITX motherboard on it? Or what form factor i should looking for? 

Best Answer

• Termy2
    Termy2 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    EmyR said:
    I m thinking of buy Orion 3000 with 8400+2070, its only 130$ more expensive than the cheapest rtx 2070 on market now and i really like the case. But would like to get a lga1700 motherboard when realise.
    Can i put mATX or mini ITX motherboard on it? Or what form factor i should looking for? 
    You can only fit a mini ITX motherboard inside this case. Please note cooling might not be the greatest with this case, but enough if you upgrade the fans/cpu cooler. The exhaust fan and front intake fan are both 89mm and pretty bad/loud. You can swap them out with any 92mm fan and temps will improve immensely though, I recommend Noctua's.

The case is very small and good in my opinion though lol, I tried finding a replacement case that was similar size and honestly can't find anything. This case is under 6.5"inches wide, so I stuck with it.

Regarding what the other guy said, not sure why "3 SLI's" would be something anyone would do btw, as SLI is dead lmao. You clearly want this case and know you wont be fitting 3 GPU'S in it anyways haha

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi @EmyR

I can understand that you're going to buy this for gaming, you can use a Z490 motherboard, but know that this will limit any more upgrade in the future of your gaming era, if you're going to build a PC, you can customize, but if you're going to buy a PC with configuration and rip it off to customize, you have to use a mother board that goes in the the cabinet. Think about installing Coolant with a reservoir, installing 3 SLIs to tweak up the performance, etc. I guess this would help give you an idea of what to decide. 

Please click on "Yes" if this answered your question.
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • Termy2
    Termy2 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    EmyR said:
    You can only fit a mini ITX motherboard inside this case. Please note cooling might not be the greatest with this case, but enough if you upgrade the fans/cpu cooler. The exhaust fan and front intake fan are both 89mm and pretty bad/loud. You can swap them out with any 92mm fan and temps will improve immensely though, I recommend Noctua's.

The case is very small and good in my opinion though lol, I tried finding a replacement case that was similar size and honestly can't find anything. This case is under 6.5"inches wide, so I stuck with it.

Regarding what the other guy said, not sure why "3 SLI's" would be something anyone would do btw, as SLI is dead lmao. You clearly want this case and know you wont be fitting 3 GPU'S in it anyways haha