Black Screen Problem - Not hardware? Aspire VX15

AgostinhoNeto
AgostinhoNeto Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello All.

I have a Aspire VX15 since 2018 and recently I have the random black screen problem (it's not when I boot the computer!), that happens wether I am gaming or not. Ways to fix it:
- Closing the lid / opening
- Fn+F4 (sleep mode), press any key after 10s
- Hard reset

I have tested another monitor (External) and the computer and graphics board is working, everything works except the screen is black. And it gets back with simple measures so I believe it's not a hardware issue (cable). I have tried to upgrade the bios (had the 1.06, went to the latest) and it didn't solve the issue.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    @AgostinhoNeto
    May i have the model name of the laptop which is at the back of the laptop
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    >>>And it gets back with simple measures so I believe it's not a hardware issue (cable)>>>

I disagree. Your description is exactly what happens with an intermittent cable trace break in the hinge area from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much. New replacement cables are usually less than $20. Google "your full VX15 model number (for example VX5-591G")" & "video cable" or "lcd cable" for vendors that ship to your location. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hello All.

I have a Aspire VX15 since 2018 and recently I have the random black screen problem (it's not when I boot the computer!), that happens wether I am gaming or not. Ways to fix it:
    - Closing the lid / opening
    - Fn+F4 (sleep mode), press any key after 10s
    - Hard reset

I have tested another monitor (External) and the computer and graphics board is working, everything works except the screen is black. And it gets back with simple measures so I believe it's not a hardware issue (cable). I have tried to upgrade the bios (had the 1.06, went to the latest) and it didn't solve the issue.

Any suggestions?

Does it happens when it's plugged in to the charger or unplugged. Try the steps below.

1 . Go to “Settings” from the Start menu, then click the “System” option.

2. Click “Power and Sleep” from the list of options. Make sure that the options under “Sleep” are set to a desired value.

3. Click “Additional Power Settings” under “Related Settings.” You will be redirected to the control panel.

4. Select “Change Plan settings” under your chosen power plan. Then click “Change advanced power settings” from the resulting screen.

5. On the “Power Options” window, expand each setting to make sure nothing is preventing your computer from going to sleep.

6. Once you are done, click “Apply” to save your settings.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)