C24 760 ssd: the D Drive disappeared yesterday

Options
glen33
glen33 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2021 in All-In-One PCs
Hi strange thing happened yesterday as in the D Drive disappeared. I have got work software installed on that drive so i called the supplier. It was installed on there as the c drive 1tb is nearly full. Anyway i turned it on this morning and the D drive was back again. Software supplier has said that the drive may be on its way out and i should change the D drive. So as it is only a 128gb drive i want to get a 1 tb to replace it. Is it easy to do as all tutorials only show a hdd change and also what ssd is best?
Thanks

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    glen33 said:
    Thanks. I can see how to change the had but no online video for the ssd.  Is it easy once the backs off or a pc world job

Hope the below image will help you out to figure your job. :)

Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• christy1
    Options
    glen33

You can change the hdd to 2TB max and ssd to 256gb max. 

• glen33
    Options
    Thanks. I can see how to change the had but no online video for the ssd.  Is it easy once the backs off or a pc world job
  • christy1
    Answer ✓
    Options
    glen33 said:

Hope the below image will help you out to figure your job. :)

• glen33
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi
    just checking what i have at the moment,
    local disc drive d: Capacity 931gb
    local disc Drive C: Capacity 118gb
    i have been told these are 2 separate drives and would i be correct in saying the d drive is the ssd? if so how comes it is 931gb capacity i thought 256 was the biggest?

• christy1
    Options
    glen33 said:
    Hi
    just checking what i have at the moment,
    local disc drive d: Capacity 931gb
    local disc Drive C: Capacity 118gb
    i have been told these are 2 separate drives and would i be correct in saying the d drive is the ssd? if so how comes it is 931gb capacity i thought 256 was the biggest?

Just go to run cmd in start and type as msinfo32. You should get the full details of your unit.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,110 Trailblazer
    Options
    The 120GB would be the SSD, the 1TB the HDD. You can get SSDs much larger than 256GB, I've got a 2TB in my desktop, but the 'bend' in the price graph is around the 1TB models...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.