Acer Aspire 5 A515-44 - problem with FAN

AdamZZZ33
AdamZZZ33 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

I have recently bought the Acer Aspire 5 A515-44 with Ryzen 3 4300U and I possibly have some problems with fans.

In my previous old laptops I could browse the internet for hours and fans were not turned on even once.

In my new Aspire 5: I turn on the laptop, I start browsing the internet for few minutes, the Task Manager shows that I barely use a few percent of the CPU, and the fans are running, but they are pulsing, they work for few seconds then stop for a couple of seconds and the cycle repeats. This is so annoying. This is a pure nonsense. This laptop has a low power 15W CPU. When doing simple tasks it should be completely silent.

I have also found in the Windows an Acer Quick Access tool and there is an option to set the laptop in quiet, normal or performance mode. When I select quiet mode it helps for a minute or two, the fans stop spinning, but after few more minutes they start to run again.

All of this happens when the laptop is plugged in the power adapter. When I use it on the battery the fan is not running even after more than hour of internet browsing.  

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'edit power plan' in left pane. Click 'change advanced power settings' Click processor power management folder in the box that pops up. Click system cooling policy subfolder. Set both battery and plugged to passive.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ