SNID

hatman29
hatman29 Member Posts: 2 New User
Yo, I recently broke my laptop and sent it in to be fixed. My mom called Acer and tried to get through but no luck she needed my SNID number bit we didn’t know it and all we know is my serial number, so I was wondering if there was some way to find or get my SNID via serial number. And if so, thanks. (Also I have no idea what model my laptop is so I hope that doesn’t matter. I’m pretty sure was some sort of Aspire.)

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    hatman29 said:
    Yo, I recently broke my laptop and sent it in to be fixed. My mom called Acer and tried to get through but no luck she needed my SNID number bit we didn’t know it and all we know is my serial number, so I was wondering if there was some way to find or get my SNID via serial number. And if so, thanks. (Also I have no idea what model my laptop is so I hope that doesn’t matter. I’m pretty sure was some sort of Aspire.)

No, the SNID # is a unique and specific number for your laptop only (like the serial #) and is underneath the laptop on a sticker and the SNID # is under the serial #. If you want to know your laptops model number then go to the Acer Drivers and Manuals page and you will be asked for either the serial # or the SNID # (see captions below) put your serial # into the slot and then click on "FIND" then you will be guided onto your laptops appropriate page for Drivers, Documents, BIOS/Firmware and Applications page for your laptop and you will know what your model name and number is. Its very unusual that Acer wants the SNID # ONLY as giving Acer your name and serial number and also, you should have sent the laptop with a registered shipping label, so phone Acer again and give them all those details as I’m sure that your laptop will be found. 

This is the sticker for a V3-571G Makk Aspire model
  • hatman29
    hatman29 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @StevenGen I’m a bit confused, I did what you said and I didn’t find anything specifically called an SNID all I found was the model name and part number, am I doing something wrong or is the part number what I need
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    hatman29 said:
    @StevenGen I’m a bit confused, I did what you said and I didn’t find anything specifically called an SNID all I found was the model name and part number, am I doing something wrong or is the part number what I need

You won't get the SNID from just putting your serial # as the serial and SNID #’s are all unique to your laptop! As I said above, phone Acer give them you name, shipping date and/or shipping number (if you registered it?) then give them your serial #, shipping number and send them the receipt of purchase too, as you should have registered your laptop on the Acer site for warranty purposes and Acer should have a record of your laptop details. It’s a simple thing that you shouldn’t have any problems with, this is very strange?