Help with recovery on Acer Aspire e15 E5-576-392

Tonishnesses
Tonishnesses Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I want to upgrade to SSD on my Acer Aspire E15 E5-576-392H but when I select "Create factory default backup", it stays on the loading screen. I left it running overnight and when I woke up, it was still loading. I have already plugged in an external hard drive and I don't know what is wrong. Help

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Tonishnesses

When you upgrade the ssd to a new ssd the backup you created on the old one will be on old ssd only. i can see that you have a HDD on the unit. am i wrong? ru saying that from hdd to ssd your trying to upgrade.? And since the recovery process is still running. its better to interrupt and start again.  
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Tonishnesses
    I am upgrading from hdd to sdd but first I have to get the recovery. The windows recovery is stuck on the "please wait" screen
  • christy1
    I am upgrading from hdd to sdd but first I have to get the recovery. The windows recovery is stuck on the "please wait" screen
    looks like the internal recovery is faulty. try to take the backup on external drive. 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer

Are you using the Acer eRecovery Management for the "Create factory default backup"? As you dont need to do that, use the excellent Macrium Reflect Free v7 version to clone your old HDD to the new SSD. Cloning is a very simple process , stop the "Create factory default backup" process and start again the way that I suggested and do a straight clone of your old HDD to the new SSD with Macrium Reflect Free v7 version. 

• Tonishnesses
    I  used the  Macrium Reflect Free v7 but it says insufficient space when I copy HDD to SSD
  • Tonishnesses
    Nvm I got it to work and I have windows on my SSD! Thanks
  • christy1
    Nvm I got it to work and I have windows on my SSD! Thanks
    Good to know. So is the issue fixed?.