Predator X38p problem

Options
Emelia
Emelia Member Posts: 2 New User
My new monitor randomly goes completely black for up to 2 seconds before going back to normal. It used to happen  once during the day but it  now happens more often. The monitor is connected via HDMI to an Xbox series X. However, the problem has been replicated on an Xbox one X and also a Nintendo Switch. I have tried a different HDMI cable and tried a different power socket for the plug but it makes no difference. It cannot be replicated at will, it is completely random. Some days it can happen an hour or two into gaming, on others several hours after monitor being switched on. Any ideas on how to fix this? The monitor was bought in December and has had problems since day one. I have not been able to test it on my mac mini as for some reason it won't work at all with it.
Thanks, Emelia

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,787 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Emelia
    Most of the Acer monitor might not be compatible with Mac or with gaming console since they have different OS, but the only way to check is to connect the Acer monitor to a win 10 laptop or desktop through HDMI . If the monitor works well with the win 10 than the problem is with compatibility when connected to the gaming console.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Emelia
    Emelia Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Jack, thanks for the reply. I have considered incompatibility but then the monitor was oked by Currys when I asked if it would work with the new Xbox Series X. I bought it for the higher refresh rates and quickly discovered I could not get the wide view with the xbox. Also no mention of it not working with consoles on the currys or acer website which sort of misleads people.  I only use Mac but I will try and hook it up to a pc and see. Only problem is the blackouts occur completely randomly so hard to predict when it would happen.
    Thanks again
    Emelia